Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Blessings

November is the month we celebrate Thanksgiving, but why do we celebrate our blessings only one day out of the year??? I think we get so wrapped up in our busy lives that we forget about the "Ordinary Miracles" of every day. A few weeks ago, I felt like I was at the bottom of the barrel and felt very sad. This wave came over me... I have so many blessings. While I may not have gotten what I wanted, God had blessed me with dozens of other miracles for the day!! What about those? Were they just blah? NO!

So here are a few of my ordinary miracles...

My boys!! :) What a wonderful every day gift that reminds me to be young, to have an open heart and mind, to love unconditionally, to smile, to laugh. That even if my family is far away, they are always close to my heart and live through my boys. :)

My incredible friends both near and far. God has shown me that 28 year later I can still have a wonderful friend to lean on no matter what!!! He's also shown me that good people stick by you! Love you for who you are and remember you often. He has shown me that although some of these great people only touch your life for one minute that I had that one minute, and that is more than some people ever get. And friends that stop at Walmart in evening in the rush of trying to get home to their families because I asked for something that I didn't have, and she wasn't sure if she could help me. AMAZING people!!!!

My husband! I love him!! He has been there in thick and thin. It hasn't been easy, but they we are when the smoke clears. And whether we are near or far, we are always together and that is an amazing feeling!!!

I am blessed to know God, and to have found him. He has been an amazing STRENGTH! And I know He is teacing me! I wish I had His patience! And He accepts me and all of my flaws, and he is NEVER angry.

So here are my blessings. A sample of the few I count every day! Take time to appreciate your blessings!!! Life is too short not to recognize the "Ordinary Miracles!"

No comments: