That is the next TLC show you will be seeing! How awkward it feels to be considered "high risk" or "old" for that matter at the young age of 34. Today I sat in a sea of 20 somethings or less. I think M would have felt even more awkward since he is technically old enough to be the young dad of many of the "kids" sitting in the waiting area . I sat alone though because after all who is going to watch our other babies while Mom goes to the doctor?
I'm seasoned; I admit that. I have 2; one of which was birthed abroad in a foreign hospital but every baby is special. I feel terrible as I have down played this pregnancy. Many because as soon as I say I'm pregnant I get the "well this is your third." or "Wow! Really? I thought you were done." Well, yes it is my third and no this wasn't planned but God saw that our family needed one more to be complete. Crazy? Maybe, but we always tell each other, "God never gives us more than we can handle," and I think it is an honor that He would give me one more. He must think that even at the ripe old age of 35 I am still ready to take on a baby of my very own.
Does this mean a team of a million doctors? Yes. Does it mean a stream of tests? Yes. Does it mean I am scared? Yes! I sit in that room waiting... Waiting for things I want to hear and for things I really don't want to hear, but it does not warrant and "old" tag!
Sigh....
No comments:
Post a Comment