I know, I know... I promise I haven't jumped off the Earth after November 5th. I have just been super busy with school and kids and trying to get through Turkey Day. :) Then some how exams and Christmas has taken over my December! Ack! But I am here and hopefully will begin to feel more inspired sitting behind the computer. :)
I do feel a little jealous of those who are experiencing the "White Stuff" right about now. Here in Texas we have had sunny weather with highs in the upper 60's and 70's. I guess that is okay since at least the germs tend to get out of the house rather than be recirculated, but listening to "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" is a little hard to take. Besides why didn't we have snow when we were living there. :)
Pregnancy is going well... Thank goodness. We did officially find out that is it a girl and we have settled on the the name Alaina. I'm excited! :) Well, excited and nervous. I just really wish I could put the feelings that I have about this whole journey down so that people could understand. This baby is such a blessing so much more than just any baby. It's hard for so many to understand I think mostly because they don't understand the bond my Mom and I had or really know me that well. Here is a picture of my sweet baby girl a few weeks ago.
This is her face and she is laying her head to the left. You can see her little nose and her left eye and chubby little cheeks. :) The Perinatologist just adores her, but after about 30 minutes of checking everything else, she gets a little camera shy and puts her hands in front of her face. :)
We really don't have any New Year's plans this year. I am just incredibly blessed that M is home with us this year! He has been such a help the last few weeks and particularly over the last week. December 26th is usually a very hard day for me since that in the anniversary of my Mom's death. It still hits me hard. I miss her so much and still feel the biggest void left by her. I know she is a better place, but sometimes telling that to the heart is not enough.
No New Year's resolutions for me this year. I always find that I have good intentions initially, but my life changes on a dime so why make a resolution on the 1st day of the new year and expect it to stick? :) I have adopted a few things to live by lately: 1. I am NOT in control of everything. It's better if I try hard, do my best, teach my children right from wrong and to love and let go if need be and then leave the rest to God. 2. I do not have to be Wonder Woman. There are many qualified people than can do the same thing I can and I do not need to have my hand in every pot. THAT is just greedy. :) I have others but I'm not out to do a top 10 list... Not yet any way! :) That will come later... Maybe next week. Ha Ha Ha!
Hope this blog finds everyone healthy and well. I am off to finish the baby's birth announcement. I'll post a picture when I'm done. :) Take care everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

1 comment:
oh my gooness, look at that baby!!! i am so glad to hear from you and see you back!! i love your background!! just finished a Bible study about that very thing! God 'interrupts' when we need to be reminded that we are not in control of our lives! will be praying for you :-)
Post a Comment