Sorry I’ve been MIA. We’re still in the hotel with dial up and I keep getting kicked off. Besides we have been super busy.
I’ve also been a little in a funk. From talking with my family it seems this is common when you go from one totally different place to another. And yes, it’s been a culture shock for me. I’ve REALLY tried to be optimistic, but every time I count my blessings something else comes up and I feel like we can’t catch a break. Crazy… I know, but it’s true.
Shaking the funk off… Here are the details thus far…
Just after being pelted with fertilizer in the Tennessee/ Arkansas borders, our hamster died. Yes, he was in my car and I am solely responsible for his death according to my son. This makes Arkansas my almost most hated state! Besides, they have these horrible service roads that suck! Long story there!!!
Texas… Now, I’m really NOT sure how to bring you all up to speed in one post on this subject, but here is my attempt…
* We found a house. Okay, it took us 3 days to do this, but we did and it’s nice and we (well mostly I) want MANY visitors!!! We live about 45 minutes from Austin. It’s hot here & we our electricity (see next bullet) isn’t quite on yet, but we have a house!
* Electricity… Most of Texas is deregulated! Yes, that means you get to pick all of your utilities and mix and match… Kinda reminds of that Progressive commercial where you see people shopping for their stuff… Yep you do that with independent companies here. IT’S CRAP! It’s taken us a week to get power and we still don’t have it! We have water, sewer, and trash… None are good without power….
* People… I haven’t quite gotten a real feel for this… No one beats our neighbors from back home. I doubt anyone ever will. I can tell you, my friend Ana here has been a real God send as she has given me the trips and tricks of the area. Thank you Ana! My friend Melissa has been helpful too. I haven’t met our neighbors yet… So stay tuned!
So stay tuned YA’LL… I promise a Howdy soon!
1 comment:
WOW!!! What a wild ride. I know you will overcome all this too. So long as you are all back under 1 roof (a small one at the hotel no doubt), anything else is minor. Remember all you have been through in the past 3 years and be thankful!!!! We love you and we'll be almost first on your guest list :)
Post a Comment