I have been doing A LOT of thinking the last week... Well, before that, but when you are the CINC of Household 6, and you XO is called to duty most of your thinking in on the fly. Now that the XO is back, it is time to lay down more concrete plans... Or as concrete as the Army will allow us to be.
So I thought if I typed them and published to you all; you guys would be supporters and encourage me. And I would feel most deeply embarrassed if you asked me about my plans and I had to say, "Oh that was yesterday. It didn't work out..."
So here are my plans for 2010... Bare with me though... This is rough around the edges and will have it's twists and turns, but the ultimate goal is the same.
Duty to God
Many of you (especially those who have military loved ones away at war) know you find God pretty quickly. I found Him and truly believed in Him about 8 years ago. (Before that I walked through the motions... Went to church listened, but didn't hear and didn't really practice). Anyway... My prayers have been ordinary lately. Not that ordinary is bad, but I really haven't spent much time with Him. It's been the basic bless, C, B, M and me... Look out for JA and her family. Bless my BIL... But I haven't really spent time learning what He wants from me. Too busy with life to really think about what I am supposed to be doing to serve Him. So I will most certainly be adding more time to talk to Him.
Health
I don't know many professions that grade you on health. I went into the doctor's office about a month ago to have titers and a health assessment done for Nursing School. I was shocked that the doctor had to "rate" me on physical fitness. Ugh... Not good on my part. Over weight... No extra exercise... No diet plan. Oh... Yeah this question did not fair well for me. So... My plan is to eat better. Smaller quantities and better choices. (I think it drives me batty when people think they need to give up food to lose weight. That scenario often is what sets people up for diet failure. Maybe not today or in a week, but ultimately... They feel the pull and BANG! They overindulge and back to square one you go. Besides, you body needs protein and carbs, fats and the like. It's what makes you body stay happy. The portions are just what gets most of us... I LOVE bread, cookies, and butter.... I just can't have those every single minute in large quantities).
So... I am keeping a food diary. I know friends, if you see me whip it out... I am sorry. I'm not keeping notes on you. :) I simply want to see what I'm eating.
I am also training for a 10K in March/ April. My goal is not to run it completely, but to get used to what it is all about. I will re-run in May and hopefully be better. I figured if MM can do it, so can I. :)
I've also started lifting with my husband again. We really enjoyed this when we did it the last time. I'm not looking to be Hulk Hogan, just want to tone where the fat used to be so I'm not saggy (or as saggy).Besides, there is something completely wonderful about being sweaty and close with the one you love. ;)
Friends and Family
This has been a tough thing for me this last year. And one that sort of ties God and family together to support "friendship." I have come to realize that I have my faults as do others. It doesn't mean we have to agree with everything each of us believes. Our uniqueness comes from those things that we are strong believers and doers in, and we don't want a clone of ourselves as a friend. Friends are what allows us to see the other side of the rainbow. BUT in seeing the differences it does mean respecting each other. It means supporting even if you don't agree. It means NOT talking about others behind the others' back, and it means offering a hand when a hand is needed. I have been praying on this a bit (see above for not spending more time here)... Wondering what God wants me to do?
So goals for friendship are:
To listen, accept, and be there to support when friends need me.
To not be treated poorly... Friendship goes both ways.
To hold my tongue, and accept people as different and that their views are not mine.UNIQUENESS!
To be honest and come clean with those that have a forked tongue toward me, and choose to say untruths about me. And to pray that they find the void that ails them. People often find untruths and cannot support them when there is a void in their own lives.
And to let go of broken friendships. Not all friendships are meant to last forever. Sometimes the lesson is learned and the information you are supposed to learn is learned. It's kind a like growing up... You move on to 2nd grade after 1st.
And hold my tongue... That is my hardest goal yet!
Okay,so I've laid them out there... Woo... I may have let you into a little more than you liked. Ha Ha Ha... But these are my goals. Stay tuned....
No comments:
Post a Comment