I'm not sure why I create grand visions of what things are going to be like. I guess in my mind it seems logical and obtainable, but less I forget that my life (like everyone else) is not perfect and is very subject to change. Sigh... I really think I want the fairy tale version, but alas I must repeat to myself what I tell others... Success is only obtained if you commit yourself to the task of 1.) Taking things one step at a time ( and we are talking baby steps here, folks) 2.) Keeping your eye on the prize (even if someone tells you it will NEVER happen) 3.) Understand setbacks happen and you have to be committed to turn around and start again and 4.) Change your strategy because life throws curve balls.
So that being said, here is my update.
God
He and I have been talking A LOT here lately. I am convinced now more than ever that God sent the strongest angels I know to me when we lived in DC not just to help me get through my Mom's death, but to prepare me for where I am today. And I must admit that right now in my life it is very hard for me not to retaliate, but remember what my friend, W, said to me a number of times: Remember to pray when things are tough. Pray for guidance to see the lesson (because you don't want to go to remedial school), pray for the other people involved because you never know what it is like to walk in their shoes, and never judge... Judging is not for us, but for Him to do. When you are angry or hurt it is hard to remember these things. I find myself whispering these things a lot to remind myself of them, and often I feel the best when I take a deep breath and remember my blessings and thank God for those!
Exercise
No excuse I know, but I got sick. :( Yeah yeah... I am feeling better now, but my excuse is that 1. I cracked my tooth, and can't get in to have it fixed until next week and it hurts a little. 2. I have an Anatomy and Physiology test on Thursday. 3. It snowed, and it is cold. Do you want me to give you more? Ha Ha Ha...
I intend to get back on the horse tomorrow or maybe Friday, and hit the trails (literally).
Friends and Family
I probably haven't been the best of friends lately... I am sorry for that. Mainly, I have kept to myself just to be with my family. And many of my friends have too since our husbands just returned, so I don't think I have set back much from there. I do hope to establish a ladies lunch at least once a month with my friends once we get back into the swing of things.
I am thankful for those who support me... Love me... And most of all encourage me. As I mentioned above, I am incredibly blessed to have a wonderful and supportive family and dear friends that remember I CAN when I think I CAN'T.
So alas... I must continue to study... After all, it is my excuse for not going for a run... ;) Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment