Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Random Dozen.... I am so glad you are back!


Ah... It just feels like routine is in the the air around here and the Weekly Random Dozen sponsored by Linda at the 2nd Cup of Coffee just makes it all feel complete!!! Woo Hoo! I am so excited! I am ready for this school year... I think? So here are my answers and alittle peak into who I am and what I like!!


1. What is your favorite fair/carnival food? This question is just not fair to ask me right about now... But, since you did, my favorite carny foods are funnel cake, caramel apples, spicy sausage... Those are my favorites anyway!!! I love State Fair food!!!


2. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? It is funny that this question should pop up... Have any of you watched that show Hoarders? Every time I watch that show I feel flipped out and start doing major purges... Now, we are a military family and I keep a constant watch on our "weight limit" because stuff vs. having to pay the extra to move it is NOT worth it! LOL... I probably do hang on to stuff that I could let go of though... Just thinking on the fly here, but I could probably let my Mom's purse go. I kept it because it reminded me of her. It serves no purpose to me and it isn't a style that I could use at this point in my life, but seeing it just makes me smile. She never went anywhere with out it (obviously) but it just makes me feel like a little piece of her is still with me. I should probably let it go though...

3. What is your favorite gift to receive? Any gift received is my favorite! I think just thinking about someone enough to spend your time and money on them makes them special!

4. When was the last time you tried something new? New, new? I don't know really unless you consider trying to finish up a degree, pregnant; raise two kids; support a busy military husband and handle being booed up until New Years with appointments new... I pretty boring. Ha Ha Ha..

5. What is your favorite and least favorite book genre? Memoir, Mystery, Political Intrigue, Romance, Humor, Historical Fiction, Historical nonfiction, Chick Lit, Self-Help, Other Romance is probably my favorite and those Vampire novels my least. Just can't get into it at all.... Sorry Twilight fans...
6.Silver or Gold? Platinum

7. What makes you sigh? Having a beautifully clean house and then everyone comes home and destroys it... LOL

8. If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you claim you are? 29 years old

9. Would you break a law to save a loved one? To protect a loved one? I don't know??? I don't even have a "depends" answer for this question.

10. If you had to teach something, what would it be? Science... I love Science inside and out... I have often thought about teaching, and maybe one day I will a teacher! :)

11. You're having lunch with 3 people whom you respect and admire. They begin to criticize a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. What do you do? Is this military community question? I am not very good about allowing others to talk about other people. I just don't agree with that... And you will most definitely get my opinion on that!

12. Which of the 5 Love Languages is your prominent means of experiencing love?


Quality Time


Physical Touch


Acts of Service


Gifts


Words of Affirmation

 
Looks like after taking the above quiz, I like words of affirmation followed closely by Quality Time. :)

2 comments:

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Oh fun! Fun, fun, fun. And keep your mom's purse - I almost cried when I read about it.

Guess I'm a little sentimental...

Kim said...

I'm of the opinion: hang onto that purse! There's something to be said about having something owned by a loved one no longer with us. Use it as decor? Since I know what your decorating style is, not sure if you'd like a little "vintage" area -- I saw a cute idea on a blog where they'd put up one of those 3 peg hanging boards and had hung up an old purse with lace gloves hanging out of it, an old petticoat and a cute umbrella. I've also seen odd "containers" used as planters -- if it's big enough to hide a small pot inside, why not?! Or use it as storage, thereby giving it a practical use? Maybe the photos you've been meaning to put in an album, or mementos from a trip... Ideas are limitless :)

Enjoyed your other answers too!