I am joining Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time in Friday Fragments. I will try to make time for a more interesting blog because trust me.... I have blogs brewing in my head DAILY. It's just trying to find time on the computer these days... Sigh. Stay tuned!! :)
* Well, I did it!! I actually am considering (pending school board approval) and RIDE FOR THE KIDS event for our school to help raise money for several projects in the mix. So what is a "ride?" It is a motorcycle ride of course!!! I have never planned one, attended one (until last weekend), or ridden in one, but I was asked to man it and plan it so here I am!!! Thank goodness we have a SUPER AWESOME American Legion Riders Association in our community that is willing to help me!!! Thank you AA Post 573, you guys are AMAZING!!!
* Still trying to make my way through Anatomy 2. I love... love... love the class, but it is very hard to read the teacher, and my testing has gone out the window these days. I blame it on pregnancy brain, can that really be true though??? I have to admit I put in over 4 hours of homework for each class period and that alone is exhausting. And I am taking an extreme dislike to Concept Mapping! BLECK!
* On a lighter note.... We have been talking the talk of Halloween costumes. :) I keep telling my husband I am going as a pumpkin this year. How cute right?? But all the costumes out there to buy are just not made for pregnant women and I am just not a gifted seamstress like my Mom was. :( Perhaps one day I will take a class and make all of my daughter's costumes?? We shall see... Anyway... This was the conversation in the costume aisle:
C: Look Dad they have costumes for you.
B: Yeah Dad! Look you can be Sesame Street characters.
M looked at each costume, but I knew deep down that he was NEVER going to buy into any of those costumes... Until...
B: Hey! Look! They have Teletubbies too!
C: Dad, you should be Tinkie Winkie!!!!
Please don't be like me and burst in to hysterical laughter!!! Pregnant women should be aware that such outbursts may result in even more hysterical laughter (at yourself), which will indeed result in the people in the store looking at you and your family as entirely nuts!!!
M will NOT be Tinkie Winkie this year!
This week marks the end of the 9 weeks for the boys in school. This means our PTO celebrates the hard work our teachers put in by giving them homemade baked goods (and I do mean GOOD. I checked them out this morning as they were delivered feeling a bit guilty that I just made homemade baked goods for my boys' teachers this year) Anyway... I wanted to share a recipe with you all because man o man were these little muffins GOOD!!!
Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
These little treasurers are a keeper in my book! You can also substitute chocolate chips for those who aren't really a fan of butterscotch!
BABY NEWS!!! I think we have decided on a name for our dear little Miss. I am thinking Alaina (Ah lay nah). I Like the name and it fits our tradition of names. If you haven't noticed, the names of our boys begin with C and B... They are also born in months that are consecutive and this one is no different! :) I am very excited for our new arrival!!! She moves every day now and in our last ultrasound we realized she knows she has brothers and that it was going to be Halloween.... She gave us a beautiful scary face. I need to scan int he photos and share!! They were hilarious!
A lot of people have asked me about the trial here for the Fort Hood Shooter and how I feel about it. I'm not really sure on what level of anger I feel, but I certainly feel little compassion for the man! A friend in DC has the belief that I should forgive and forget as God would want me to. I have a little bit of an issue with that when I saw several families (one of which was very close to home) lose loved ones at the one place many military feel safe. And I couldn't help but think that if my husband hadn't been deployed (his office was across a field from the building where everything happened) at the time could he have been targeted too? That thought sends chills up my spine!
I'm not sure what is going to come of his trial. I sure hope they don't "dismiss" it, but I'm not sure where I stand as far as punishment yet????
![]() |
| Check me out!! I was quoted!!! :) |
Well, that is all I have this week! I am off to test my blood sugar and then off an appointment for Little Miss. :) Everyone have a FANTASTIC weekend!!! Stay tuned for next week... We have a cub scout camping trip this weekend... Oh no worries, I am NOT attending. I think it is time for a little Daddy/ Boys time!!! Ahh... Quiet!




3 comments:
what do I know but I think tinkie winkie is very yesterday.
The whole naming the child thing seems so different today than when my kids were born.
Nice name.
Love the name Alaina :)
I'm not sure what I think of the sound of Pumpkin Butterscotch muffins. But I must say I am definately intrigued by the idea!
I know a lady named Alaina... She is a saint, beauitiful mommy of 5, and the kind of gal you could call for just about anything! I always look at her as a queen!
Have a great week!
Post a Comment