Friday, October 29, 2010

Preparing for Halloween

Halloween is M and I's favorite time of the year! I don't see it as pagan (I'm okay with those that do though), but I see it as a time when it is socially acceptable for me or my kids to dress up as our favorite heroes, characters, etc. We dress out yard up and most importantly... Have fun carving pumpkins!

As I was sitting on the ground with M carving, this picture came to mind:


You can't see it, but that is my Dad cutting the top off my pumpkin. ( I wasn't allowed a knife until I was 15, if you can believe it. I think It may have just been Dad's tradition to cut the top off for me, I don't know. I never argued).

Tonight, this was the scene:

That is M cutting and scooping the pumpkin. :) C is helping by drawing the face on the little pumpkin.

Here are a few more pictures from tonight:






And in the end... This has to be my favorite picture EVER!

Life is good when Dad helps out and spend quality time with us! Thank you God for our family and for the many blessings and holidays that pull us together!

Life is good!

No comments: