Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Anniversary to the Love of My Life

It's my 10 year Anniversary today, and of course the Army has called my DH to duty. It's okay though. I married into the Army, so I knew what I was getting into. ;) Here is what it looked like 10 years ago...


January 20, 2001

We were married on post by my husband's unit Chaplain, and had our reception down the road at the Officer's Club. It was a magical day surrounded by friends and family. I don't think either one of us really knew what was going to lie ahead of us that first year...

Here are some statistics from the last 10 years:
* We have lived in 2 countries and 3 states, visited 10 countries, and too many states to count
* We have experience 9/11 (4 days before our honeymoon) and the Iraq War/ Afghanistan Operation
* We have owned 6 cars
* We have/had 11 children to include pets (if you name it, it becomes family) and kids
* We have been through two major deaths of loved ones.
* I have lost track of all the deployments and TDY's we have been through

All in all it has been great fun! :) I wouldn't change it for the world! So here we are today:


Fall 2010
Picture courtesy of Angela Breckenridge Photography. Any replication. distribution or printing of this photo is violation of the artist's copyrights.
 This is part of our 11 children. LOL Our two boys and  a baby on the way. Neither one of us would have thought that our lives would bring us here, but we are blessed and God has truly looked out for us. 

Here's to many many more anniversaries!!! I love you, M!

1 comment:

Kay said...

that is such a pretty dress! congrats on the 10 years!! here's to hoping you have many more :-)