1. What is more important-doing what you love or loving what you do?
Oh... I think these are the same thing just phrased differently. I TOTALLY believe that you should love what you do!!! Someone once told me that if you chase riches, it will run from you. If you chase knowledge riches will always follow. Basically, if you don't have passions to pursue something to the next level and are complacent than riches, whether it is money or happiness or growing, will not happen. If you open your mind to grow and do what "feels right" happiness, riches, knowledge will follow. If at the end of the day, you can smile even though life threw you lemons than you will be happy.
2. Do you like bleu cheese?
Oh good heavens YES! And so does my husband and youngest son!!! Yum!! Yum! Yum!!
3. What is the most difficult emotion for you to handle?
Sadness. I cannot hide that very well at all, and it isn't just pregnancy. I'm a passionate person to begin with. I believe in myself and hold high standards, but it seems that there are more people out there that would rather dash my dreams or try to hold me back and while I'm a fighter (not physical) I tend to be sad about my loss and theirs.
4. Fresh flowers or a box of chocolate?
Neither... Well, maybe some REAL Lindt Chocolate or Belgian Truffles (I'm sorry folks, the stuff in the US... Not so yummy compared to what is served overseas. I think we are in mass production mode and the Europeans are more relaxed and enjoy their delicacies).
5. What's a song you love that has the word 'love' in its title? It doesn't have to be a 'love song'.
Love in Any Language by Sandi Patty What a fantastic song!!! I remember singing it in the 7th grade choir and it has always stuck with me. I love this song for so many reasons!!!
6. Are you the person you wanted to be when you grew up?
I'm not sure what expectations I really had for the adult me. I knew I wanted to be successful, but I don't think I clearly knew what that was at the time at the time. Today, I am really impressed with who I am. My Mom must have done a good job raising me. :) I can say this... I may not be a millionaire, but I can take care of my family on my own. I'm strong and smart and work hard for what I have.
7. Any special Valentines Day plans?
Nope nothing anymore special than every other day. I don't believe we should just share one day of how we care about others. I think we should celebrate our friendships and our love randomly throughout the year. Yes, we have anniversaries and birthdays, but how nice is it to open the mailbox on any given day and find a card or trinket? Now that is and awesome thing.... On Valentine's Day, it just becomes a money making holiday that everyone tries to outdo the other.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have been studying the Human Genome Project as part of a class I am taking this semester. I have to admit, I am pretty aware of the basic science perspective of the project, but was really unaware of the money and fights over the various parts of who can patent genetic code for profit and how it impacts so many other parts of the medical science.
Now, don't get me wrong... I am not talking about human cloning or anything that is way over the top like that, but did you know that companies and the government are patenting our genetic code? (Yes, 99% of us is made of the same genetic code. It's the 1% that makes up the individual that we are). Anyway, when genetic codes are patented then drug companies who are in search of developing drugs to help overcome certain diseases (i.e. certain specific cancers) they must buy the code from who owns the patent. Crazy right? So now, the drug company has to pay for the patent, pay for the research (research can take many many years and then it has to be approved by the FDA. This is costly to drug companies and they have to recoup their money so they pass it on to the users of the drug therapy), and wait to see what comes of their product. All of this is crazy and driven so much by money... Anyway... If you want to learn more please check out Cracking the Code of Life. You don't have to watch the entire 2 hours... Skim it. I think you'll be surprised!
There is plenty of good information in here too besides the money issues... How the Genome Project touches on cures and other genetic issues. It's a very fascinating topic to learn about.
There is plenty of good information in here too besides the money issues... How the Genome Project touches on cures and other genetic issues. It's a very fascinating topic to learn about.

1 comment:
Visiting from the Hodgepodge. I'm impressed with your answer to #6. There aren't many people who are genuinely contented with themselves. You are fortunate. Or blessed. Probably both.
Post a Comment