So today was a bit nerve racking for poor Mom. Here the school starts at 0730, so the kids must get on the bus rather early... So early it was still dark outside for poor baby C.Oh, did I mention bus? Yes, this was the first time my oldest rode the bus to school. I was a wreck. Calmly we walked to the bus stop this morning. We had to wait a little while and soon the bus pulls up. Connor quickly jumps in line with the other kids. Completely oblivious that he has never ridden a yellow bus before. Things happened so quickly, I didn't get a chance to shoot a picture of him on the bus until he was already seated. (Pictures coming soon). At least the bus driver was nice and walked us through the sequence of events for morning and afternoon drop off. Phew...
So I wasn't sure how it worked once they arrived at school, and again I prayed that C knew how to get to his classroom. Sigh... His elementary is WAY bigger than the ones I went to. I figured by 9 he was okay because the school never called, so I ventured out with my number 2 son for groceries, etc.
Along came the time for him to arrive home... Alas, I worried about what if he fell asleep on the ride home? He was up so early... Or what if he forgots his bus stop? Luckly, he was awesome. The bus driver requires ID to pick up, so he couldn't just get off the bus. He was a trooper. When the driver called his name... He appeared beaming! He had an awesome day, and met many new friends!
I am thrilled! Number two son starts tomorrow... Do I have to go through this roller coaster again??? I hope not! What am I going to do with the free time I have without two kids???? Stay tuned!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment