While cleaning, I found her wallet. I brought it back after the funeral so I could have it close to me & I needed to cancel the credit cards. I opened it tonight, and found a picture of her when she first started at ODU. She looked so healthy and full of color. I must have been a freshman or sophmore in college at the time. It was before all of her healthy issues started to get the better of her. Of course she had our family phtos in there. She was so proud of us. No matter what we did... How far we moved away, she always loved us and was so very proud of us.
Maybe it was packing up boxes for Mark that triggered these memories. Mom was always packing us boxes when we were in the EU. I always rushed to the post office to see what treats she had in store for us. She always had something for each of us. I miss those surprises. :)
Maybe it is the patience she always had??? I don't have patience like she did. And I so badly want to call her tonight and just have a good cry. I miss our talks. She was such a good listener and she loved me more than anything. I know that... She was amazing!
Well, the tears have come finally, so I am going to get this over with and plow forward... Death is a funny thing. It triggers so many random emotions! I miss you, Mom! Here is to you tonight... I hope Mark is waiting eagerly for my boxes too. :)

This is my Mom in her typical flair. She didn't wear her glasses often only for reading, but she always had a beautiful scarf around her neck. She is full of color here and her hair is the length & styled the way I always remember it. I'm not sure how she avoided the gray hair, but she never turned gray. :) Isn't she beautiful?
1 comment:
Shannon...that's the way I remember your mom from the one time I met her that summer at VT....I can't imagine what you are going through, but I hope you find comfort in those good memories and thoughts.
Post a Comment