Friday, July 3, 2009

After the intermission

Well, if saying goodbye isn't enough the first time... Wow! The second time is WAY harder! Better yet... Throw in a holiday and then you have a real mess! Ugh! Don't get me wrong... I love love love it here, but it has really been wonderful to be at full capacity!!! Things just seem like they roll a little better. And now it's back to me.

Just to get a flavor for those who have never gone through it... It's kinda like eating icecream everyday and then you go to the freezer and you forgot to buy a new tub of that yummy delicious flavor... You aren't mad, but your are disappointed that today you will have to choose something else. Being married to the military is kinda like that... You aren't mad when your spouse has to leave, but it's just a change.

I think about how quiet it will be at night here, and how lonely the bed will be without my best friend there to recount the day with me. I also think about how much work still needs to be done here and how it would be nice to just sit and watch tv with M.

So here's to some lonely times... We'll rebound though... I know we will. And this too shall pass.

No comments: