Well, it was posed to me by a non-military friend what happens after a deployment? I kinda gave the interesting look like where is this coming from and what do you mean? It seems that her sister who married into the military right before the deployment has become great friends with several ladies whose spouses are also deployed. She wanted to know if military wives still stayed close after the guys returned?
Not really knowing why this was a big deal or still why it was being asked, I wasn't really sure how to answer. I have to be honest... I'd like to think that the friends we make are just that friends and even when the men return we are still friends. BUT... A lot less time will probably be spent together. This will make it hard for those whose husbands will return last or later than others. But I don't know??? I don't have a clear answer of what might come? I wish I had an answer. :(
2 comments:
Once the hubbies get home, I bet rank and unit will play a bigger roles in your day to day interactions. More importantly though, the bonds you have formed will last only as long as effort is put in. Continue to be a great friend to the ladies there and I am confident that wherever the military takes you, the friendships will last.
Well, it does change as you don't spend as much time together. Those darn pesky hubbies expect us to spend time with them! :P
In my experience, after the last deployment, it was my closest friends that I was able to keep up with. Sad, I know but an honest answer. And I have to respectfully disagree that rank and unit come into play or maybe that's just our unit (haha)
Post a Comment