Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Celebration of GREEN!

When I first read my friend, Jamie's blog, I was a bit perplexed at to what to write for her "Green" theme. And what picture was I going to find???

Well, I have to admit a walk with wonderful company produced these:



I'm not sure what this flower actually is, but it is a beautiful little reminder that Spring is right around the corner! He was sitting right there in the middle of the field. He managed to avoid being mowed over like the rest of the grass in the field, so he reminded me that Spring renews. What a great reminder! :)

I also found this:



Isn't this a perfectly puffy dandelion??? It was just sitting there blowing in the wind. Another reminder of the freshness of Spring.


And this:



I found this in a lady's yard at the end of our little town. I had a print made into little note cards (thank you Snapfish for making this possible), wrapped the cards with a a little ribbon and gave the lady a present. I LOVE bluebonnets. It is quite possibly the ONLY thing I love about Texas! Some how these little beauties make me smile! :)

And this is my favorite!!! When I look at it, it makes me smile! Now this a true celebration of GREEN!!! :)



Thank you Lord for the freshness of Your work. Your reminder that all of us can renew even after a long battle. Thank you for giving us rain in Texas, so that we can see Your beauty!! Happy St Patrick's Day my friends!!! Go celebrate GREEN! :)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay! Thanks for joining me Shannon! I love your fresh spring green post.

Gwendolen Elaine said...

So beautiful!Spring is quite literally a breath of fresh air!

Heidi said...

See now I miss Texas, and the bluebonnets! Wasn't expecting to see them on a green post, but so glad I did...in Austin where we lived they covered the hills along the highways and made driving each day a treat. Thanks for your prayer!
:)Heidi

Yvette said...

Love the clovers and the dandelion! I am also in TX! Home is where the Army sends you, right? ;) I enjoyed your green!