Brownie has learned how to beg or "oink" for food. I noticed this last weekend when I opened the refrigerator to make dinner and these high pitched squeals ensued. Worried, I peered over the bar to see what was going on and found Brownie running in figure eights around his cage squeaking, pausing at the cage to make sure I was looking and then charging off again. So I asked, "Brownie, are you hungry?" And he would begin his squeals and dashes around the cage. Don't be fooled, these pigs have pellets available 24/7, so they are never starved.
Today, I was sitting here reading blogs and eating grapes, and I noticed Brownie peering out at me. I plucked a grape from my bunch and walked over to give him one. He seemed a bit disinterested so I just dropped it in in the bowl and went about my business. And then it started!!! Squeals and oinks and charging around the cage. My husband would ask, "Brownie, you can't be hungry; are you hungry?" This sent the pig running wildly about the cage. So alas, he is eating midday (usually fed at dinner time), content as can be with almost nothing left in his bowl.
These pigs crack me up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment