Thursday, July 1, 2010

ALOHA Friday Fragments


Well ALOHA!! Mahalo for stopping by!! I'm joining Mrs. 4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time and sharing my tropical addition of Friday Fragments!!!!

Monday and Tuesday were pretty much spent trying to get things ready for our trip.  What a busy to days... Mix in a little excitement as one of my lab tests from the doctors office showed I needed more immediate testing... I will spare the details on that for now, but let's just say it was a wrench in the clock work of unexpected and a little scary!!!

I have to admit that flying from the continental US  to Hawaii is no small feat especially with a family of 4!!! YIKES! Our first flight was very interesting to say the least... It involved a SARS masked kid (yep, no lie) and a woman who smelled of Kimchee. OMG, I have a stomach of steal, but that was almost too much to bear for me!! We had a 3 hour layover in Los Angeles; which was not a half bad city to fly into... The security was high and it was relatively small (to me) for being a major hub. The flight from LAX to Hawaii is the killer with kids... My kids anyway... But we made it!!! Thank goodness!!!

When you are jet lagged and have been up since 4:30 AM even a tropical island doesn't sound appealing... Until you go to the beach at day break and witness this:

This is the view from our lagoon beach at the hotel. I was sitting in a little bistro having some coffee and it started to slightly drizzle. This is what made me think that over 12 hours of plane rides and layovers was all worth it!

Well that is a little snippet of our paradise... I'd better get back to studying like I told the gang I was doing... Stay tuned. I promise there will be more to share!!! Until then... Have a great week!!!

6 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

My husband is from Hawaii and I have never been. I need to go.

Get back to studying and have a great weekend.

Mrs4444 said...

SO happy for you!!

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Nice shot of the rainbow!

Stopping by from Friday Fragments.

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Hawaii...I've heard it's beautiful.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Jamie said...

Absolutely breathtaking! So cool that you got to enjoy that moment :)

Doreen McGettigan said...

What a great view to wake up too! Have a safe trip and I hope your health scare is just a scare!