Thursday, October 7, 2010

FRiday Fragments

Hi! Hi! Hi! I'm back!!! Joining Mrs. 4444 in Friday Fragments this week!!  If you get a moment and you want a good laugh... Stop on by cause she is sure to make you smile!!!

This week has been a rough week for my oldest son. I think being a Tween has got to be very difficult... Too young to do certain things, but expected to do more because you aren't a baby. Sigh... When did my baby grow up? I love him dearly and wish I had the magic answer to help him transition faster! Poor little man!

We found out late last week that we are indeed having a baby girl! I am so excited, yet extremely terrified! I know how to do things for little boys... What if what they say about girls being more difficult is true? Geez!! And trying to find a name... NOT easy! Sheesh! Here are the ones I like...

Lillian
Emma
Emily
Alana
Kendall
Josephine

And there are dozens more... I just can't decide! :(


I just finished counting over 9,000 Box Tops! I am thrilled about that number, but totally exhausted. If I NEVER see a little pink rectangle for a long while I will be okay! Geesh!


Texas has the biggest flipping bugs I have EVER seen! Last night I was studying for a test and realized that the cat was batting at something under the dresser and chiding. When I looked down I saw a light tan something that resembled the tail of a scorpion, so I took a DEEP breathe, called for my husband and swooped the cat into the bathroom. I then headed to find the vacuum ( I do not kill scorpions or big spiders with a shoe... That is just too messy and they might bite). When I returned,  this is what my husband was holding:

That is a Lubber Grasshopper and it is about 3 inches long. Did I mention it hops and gives me the heebie Jeeves??? After chasing me, a poor tired pregnant women around with it... It leaped off my husband's hand and at me. Did you know that this pregnant woman can indeed fit into the refigerator?? Yes she can!!! Bleck!

Happy Friday my friends!!! I hope you have an awesome weekend!! I am off to do a little antiquing with my DH tomorrow!!! It will be so nice to have just our time together!!! Life is good! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable webpage!

9,000 box tops!
Way to go girl!
Awesome!

I have 3 girls, and 0 boys so I can't exactly make a comparison, But I've a feeling boys and girls, alike, have thier stages of easy goingness and not so easy goingness!


Love the baby girl names, you will know the right one when you see her, if you haven't decided before then :)

Have a great weekend,

~Jen

Bill Lisleman said...

thanks this reminded me of the scorpions in Texas when I lived there (in the USAF).
Now that I don't live there, I consider my scorpion stories interesting not frightening.
The insects don't know your pregnant but your husband does so he should watch out.

Daisy said...

Congrats on the girl!

qandlequeen said...

ALL kids are difficult regardless of their gender. My daughter was a fairly easy child except when she was two and sprouted horns. Middle son was clingy and his horns sprouted in 6th grade and faded by 8th. Youngest son was born with horns that faded away by preschool. Each one is different and you love them all the same.

Hang in there

Karen and Gerard said...

Choosing a name would be quite difficult. It's a huge responsibility! Hope you and your husband can come to an agreement. Congrats!

My cats would like playing with that grasshopper too!

Stopping by from Friday Fragments.

Karen MEG said...

That bug - ewwwww!!!!

I found choosing a girl's name so difficult! Your list is wonderful - all of them are such lovely names. Good luck on your decision, and happy weekend!

Qoddess said...

You've been quoted!

http://qoddessquotesblogs.blogspot.com/2010/10/quotes-october-14-2010.html