Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Fragments


I am spending my Friday reading Friday Fragments. :) Please Join Mrs.4444 at Half Past Kissin' Time and share your Friday highlights.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Yep! Today is my birthday!!! Woo Hoo!

This week has been a week of quotes from my dear sweet innocent oldest son. Here are the snippets:

B (youngest son): Dad, do you cry? I have never seen you cry.
Dad: I'm tough!
C (oldest son): No. It isn't because he is tough, B. It's because when you turn 42 your tears turn to dust.
Dad's face was baffled. Ha Ha Ha!!!

Conversation Number 2:

C: Mom do we have off for Veterinarian's Day?
Me: Do you mean Veteran's Day?
C: Hold on let me go check.
C: Yes. Yes. Veteran's Day.
Me: Yes. Do you know what a Veteran is?
C: Yes, Vets take care of our pets.

OK.. This is coming from a military family. Ha Ha Ha

I have a dilemma... Is it appropriate to have a baby shower for your third child? I was approached about this the other day and someone complained that I had not done a baby registry yet. Yes, there is a 5 year gap between this baby and my youngest son, and I am having a girl. I don't know??? Is it appropriate???

What is up with all of the Christmas commercials? We just finished Halloween and now I am looking forward to Pumpkin Pie and turkey until I turn on the TV and suddenly I feel like I missed a holiday. Even our local grocery store had a Christmas themed commercial. Really? Already???


Well it is time for me to go sort clothes.... Gotta get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit and hand down the stuff that might fit the smaller one! Everyone have a blessed weekend!!! :)


4 comments:

Brandi. said...

Happy Birtday! My oldest turns 4 today!!

Love the first convo! Kids are so funny.

I didn't have a baby shower for my third, but mine are all very close in age (15 months between the first two; 2 years 15 days between the second two), and we already had everything.

With there being 5 years, though and having a girl this time around, I'd say go for it!! If I have another baby I'm definitely having a baby shower. If you feel "bad" about it, do a diaper shower type thing, where people just buy you a package of diapers, or a meet the baby thing afterward.

Good luck and congrats on the new little one!! All these babies are making me jealous.

Matty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Go do something for yourself.

It seems like every year, the retailers are moving the ads back further and further. Before we know it, we'll be seeing them before Labor Day. Ack!

Ya gotta love the things kids say. And of course, it's always good for blogging.

Kay said...

i totally agree with you on thanksgiving getting the ax!!! i even blogged about that exact thing myself this week!

and i loved the veteraniarian thing!!! how cute is that!??

personally, if the people are willing to throw you a shower for a baby, go for it!! we only have 1 girl ourselves and we needed the shower our church threw so the child could have something pink!! (also, since i hate pink, someone had to dress the girl for it!!)

Kay said...

i forgot to sing for you!!!

happy birthday to you....
happy birthday to you...
happy birthday, dear shannon...
happy birthday to you

(and many more......)