Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday! Friday! Friday Fragments! :)

Well Hello Again from sunny and warm Texas! Okay, so cold and windy Texas! :) It is Friday once again and I am joining Mrs. 4444's at Half Past Kissin' Time for Friday Fragments! Hope you all had a good and crazy week... Boy I know I did. : / So sit back, relax and enjoy... Then stop by Mrs. 4444's because you are sure to take a smile away!



* I think it may be time for me to purchase a good old fashioned dictionary. This week between my two boys, I have been looking up definitions or explaining what words mean almost every day. What does "mortal" mean? What does ___ mean? I think it is time to have the dictionary out on the school cart so they learn not just the meaning, but how to look it up. :)

* I got a kick out of a status posted this week from my friend, Karen. He status said, " My 8 year old just came in and told me his throat hurt and his angina." Now, being a nursing student... I am just thankful that it isn't just my kid that says things like this, because just after reading that status, my oldest son came in and said, "When I stretch my tummy muscles hurt. I think it is a mortal (see above) sign that I am dying because I stabbed myself in the chest with a pencil today at school." Errr... My reply was Nope, you are okay other than stabbing yourself at school, why would you do that? Response: I was just playing around. Okay...

* I start bi-weekly NST appointments next week. I am not looking forward to that...

* Made a major decision today... I stepped down from out PTO. :( It is sad, but I really feel like it is a good decision for me. I just have too many things in the fire and need to refocus on me and the fact that my baby is due in 6 weeks!!!! Yikes!

* When my dryer buzzes it sounds like the "X" sound in Family Feud.

* I celebrated 10 years with my hubby this week. He was away, but it's okay. Check out the link to the right to see us then and now. :)

Well, my friends that is all I have this week, and I need to jump in the shower to warm up! Brrr... It should NOT be this cold in Texas!!! Or this overcast!!!! I hope you all had a great week!!! And I look forward to viewing YOUR Fragments! See you next week... Same time same place! :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary! We just had our 14th. It is wonderful being married to your best friend!

We had to dig our copy of Webster's out recently, and I taught TT how to use it. Is it funny that it warms my heart to find him looking something up?

Kay said...

i have to look up nst

i stabbed myself with many pencils during moments of my childhood, but it must be nice to have a nurse as a mother. that would have helped me out quite a bit growing up ;-)

woohoo 6 weeks! yahoo!!!

Bill Lisleman said...

passing by on my FF cruise
Hoping your son has finished his pencil experiments.
I hate the buzzers on both the dryer and washer. I always turn them OFF. My wife always turns them ON. Since she does more laundry than me - she wins.