Thursday, January 13, 2011

Have I Turned Wimpy?

I must say that I really do have a compassionate OB doctor. And today he must have sensed it because I came about 2 seconds from crying and he was awesome! Let me tell you how this appointment began...

I am officially 33 weeks as of Tuesday! Woo Hoo! Almost to the finish line! :) But at the 33 week appointment that triage nurse made me step on that stupid scale that I have come to officially loathe! Today it topped out at 195 lbs! (Yes, ladies.... 195, and looking back with pregnancy number 1 I only gained 13 lbs and was back into my clothes a week after C was born! Being pregnant in your 30's SUCKS!) Anyway, I was already upset with that and texted M that he and I could now officially be equal. Only 195 looks way better on him than me as his way more muscle and mine if tummy and butt! :( No word back to tell me complimentary things like it's all baby, you're almost there, think of baby A... Nope... He's officially busy with work. :(

So I waddle into my appointment with the weight on my shoulder of having this horrific weight, I'm tired, I don't like to waddle (the SPD is affecting that), it takes me too long to do tasks that once took me half as much time to do before, I miss my Nursing buddies... The whole swarm of emotions that I have been keeping pent up until that flipping 195 on the scale had to push everything out... The tears hadn't quite started when Dr. H came in with his, "How are you doing to day?" And my response was a gloomy, "I'm done!" Followed by all of the above dumped out on this poor man with both laughter and tears and an apology. I loved it because he looked at me a reassured me that most of my weight was indeed baby weight ( and her could tell that by looking at my hands and face that the weight wasn't really me, but other things) and that most of that would soon disappear after Baby A graced us with her presence. The remaining he said would take some effort as I am in my 30's and it is a little harder to lose weight, but that with diet and exercise he had 100% faith in my that I could lose whatever was left... And thus we had the discussion about being biologically one age versus the psychological age we thing we are. He then proceeded to tell me that out of all his patients this morning I was the least complicated one; which made me feel a little better. :)

As I walked out, I sort of felt relieved, but wished that I could have talked to my Mom to get a second opinion just to be reassured. I don't remember feeling this way with baby 1 or baby 2, and wonder when I became wimpy and grumpy? I think I'm ready for February now, and return to normal. After you have a baby, you do return to normal, right? :)

1 comment:

Kay said...

probably just hormonal! after 30, the baby weight is hard to accept and hard to get off. and i understand things taking way too long to do them and that is just wrong! i tipped over 200 with all of mine, only feeling fabulous after #3. hang in there, almost done, almost to snuggle time, and then you can get back in shape and back to yourself. this too shall pass. :-)