What a week this has been. Busy busy busy... This weekend alone required a trip to the Babies R Us where I underwent a horribly scary reality! : ( Baby stuff is EXPENSIVE! I am frugal for those that think I am complaining about having to buy new, but seriously where I live people on Craigslist selling stuff have just completely flipped their lids! Why in the world would I buy something used for $100 when I can buy it new for $119? And yes, I scouring Freecycle, but rarely do you see baby clothes. :( So sad... So alas, I resort to Target and Walmart and Babies R Us.
Anyway... On a lighter note, I've decided to try Hodge Podge Wednesday again. :) So I am joining Joyce from
The Otherside of the Pond. Check her out! I like her light hearted blog! :) Here are my thoughts:
1. Every January 1st since 1976
Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to mis-use, over-use or just general uselessness and they receive over 1000 nominations. Here are the fourteen words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2011-
viral, epic, fail, wow factor, a-ha moment, back story, BFF, man up, refudiate, Mama Grizzlies, The American People, facebook/google when used as verbs, I'm just sayin', and Live life to the fullest.
What word or phrase would you like to see banished from our everyday vocabulary in 2011? You can choose one from the 'official list' or you can get creative and come up with your own.
Okay, so my vote is for Mama Grizzlies. Yes, I am protective as a parent, but I am no bear. I do not attack people... I simply defend my kiddos. But perhaps the real reason I vote to get rid of this phase is because I simply don't know what it means.
2. Do you consider opportunity something that comes to you or something you create for yourself?
I believe that opportunities arrive from a combination of the above. Sometimes I think we are in the right place at the right time with the right experience and the opportunity works out for us. BUT on the flip side, you have to have the right experience and know where the 'right' time to be somewhere. If I sit at home and don't put myself out there how can the opportunity know I exist? You see... It's a combination.
3. Since we're all eating healthy this month, ahem, what's included in your favorite salad? Is there dressing?
I like all kinds of salads! My favorite right now is a Greek salad with Feta, greens, beets, Greek olives, pepperonchinis, and of course just a little Greek dressing. Yes, I like to add a little bit of dressing for just the right "Bam." Toss and then yummy! : )
4. The fourth Monday in January is said to be
Blue Monday...aka the most depressing day of the year. The date was calculated using many factors including weather, debt level, time since Christmas, time since we've failed at our new year resolutions, low motivation and feeling a need to take action. Do you get the blues this time of year and if so what is something you do to lift your spirits?
Oh... I did not know this! I guess I don't get the blues then. I do feel kinda let down just after the holidays when all the decorations are put away, the cards are put away and they mail returns to junk and bills, and the baked goods begin to cease. But this usually occurs right after the New Year.
5. Do you wear a watch? Any other everyday jewelry essentials?
Could not live with out my watch!!! I use it for so many things! I also wear my wedding set, my anniversary band and always always my medical alert bracelet! I cannot wait to give that bracelet up!!! :)
6. What is something useful you learned in high school?
Studying by note cards!
7. Do you use an accountant when completing and filing your income tax returns or do you attempt to muddle through all by yourself?
Our taxes are always a little complicated, so we let an accounted look it over and work it for us. :) It just makes it easier on everyone.
5 comments:
I know what you mean about prices on craig's list sometimes. I'm not paying close to new prices for used goods! : )
ahh, note cards....I still like them : )
I agree...the mail post Christmas is a little depressing!
I do like a good Greek Salad.
Enjoy your week!!
Hey Shannon, So glad you joined in. I enjoyed reading your answers. I'm a huge fan of Greek salads. Yours sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD
I wished I enjoyed all kinds of salads - that's a part of my life that I need to work on. I'm really picky with my food.
Post a Comment