Yeah, it is Monday and while I did not like the 6 AM wake up, I am thankful for the routine that Monday brings our home! This weekend was awesome, but at the same time a little on the wild side! Let's just say that after having 2 weeks of really cold weather (for our part of Texas) it warmed to a wonderful sunny 78 plus degrees. You would have thought summer was here again! My kids spent most of the day playing outside in the sun. Running around with no heavy coats on or gloves of hats. They played so much that when it was time to go to bed, they literally fell out!
Mark and I took the time to finish cleaning up the house. I really love my husband because he will help me out cleaning when I need it. Of course I clean military style and while he is in the military does not clean quite that way... Maybe it's a man thing... Maybe it's a flash back to the days of having to use a tooth brush when you messed up in basic? I don't know? I do know that I APPRECIATE the help though! I do not know too many men that are willing to clean or do laundry, so I consider myself blessed. :)
C is also working on a project for school. It's building to a research paper and he has it mostly under control, but the warm weather tends to make our minds drift away from books and off to a game of tag or Army men. So I only kept him an hour to work on it. I figure over the next few days, he will have plenty of time as the weatherman tells me the temperatures are going to drop down into the 20's tomorrow.... Lovely! Back to bundling up again. : (
Ah Monday... I have missed you. It's quiet and for a few hours it shall remain this way. : ) And then the circus will arrive with tales of the their day and things to show me and messes to be made. I love all of that, but I will take this moment of silence and reflect... On warmer days... On playing outside... On finished housekeeping (for the moment)... And how blessed I really am to have my entire family together this weekend! God is good! : ) Happy Monday!
1 comment:
i am so glad you are feeling well and that you have some quiet time! that would feel wonderful!
yay for the helpful hubby! that is a blessing!
Post a Comment