Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Resolutions... Yes or No?

Several of my friends have posted New Years Resolutions on their Facebook page. I'm a little conflicted about this. I do intend to make some changes in 2012, but I'm not sure I want to tag it as a resolution since resolutions seems to be short lived.

I have been telling myself I am setting goals rather than resolutions. Goals you can measure; where resolutions are more general. I promise to be a better person... How do you know? Do I include the 20 plus hours of volunteer time toward that resolution? I don't know? I have decided that goals are better and have to include something measurable. For example, I am working on losing weight over the next 6 months. I've decided that I will lose approximately 3 pounds/ month. Yeah, I know that doesn't sound like much, but it's a healthy start, and the important thing is that I'm not only losing weight, I'm getting healthy off the couch and moving. With that goal in mind, I'm set myself up with a Beach Body Coach that one I am accountable to and two will help me if I get into a "funk". I also have scheduled (yet I actually made a calendar) my gym/ work out time. No more excuses of I don't have time. I've put it on the calendar and just like work I have set myself up to commit that time to working out.

I can't really say my resolution for 2012 is to lose weight... I feel more confident in saying my goal for 2012 is to lose 3 pounds/ month. So what do you do? Do you resolve to do something in 2012 or do you have a goal for 2012?

No comments: