Being a military family has it's advantages... While most view moving as a pain (don't get me wrong, I do too) there are some perks. When we lived in Holland I loved getting closer to Spring. One because everything seemed to move again, and two because rich colors would begin to pop out of the ground. Beautiful bulb fields would decorate the farmscape's with rows and patterns like a well made quilt.
Here is DC, we celebrate the cherry blossoms and the tulip dogwood trees. My new job takes me all over the National Capitol Region, so I get to experience these wonders everyday in a different place. So far, my favorite is along the river front between the Pentagon and the Lincoln Memorial. There you will find beds of red and yellow tulips amidst flowering tulip dogwoods. It's a beautiful site especially with the sand stone buildings. Just enough color to let us know that it's time to bloom and start growing again.
1 comment:
I miss the cherry blossoms! Mom and I spent one Spring in DC several years ago (late March) and were so overjoyed by the delicate pink flowers. Enjoy them amongst all the brick, cement, and metal that come with a large city!
Post a Comment