Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Phase Two...

Today it truly hit me about what it is going totake to be a Bone Marrow Donor. 5.5 Million people join the Bone MArrow list. 1 in 200 ever makes preliminary matching to a recipient. 1 in 12 matches 5 or the 6 genetics markers of the patient needing the transplant.

I am scared as nothing in my life seems settled. I know this is important and I have been praying. Praying that this is all in God's hands, and if it is meant to be it will be. I am a bit scared of pain. Who isn't? But when I find myself in fear, I ask myself what would I feel if a doctor told me the donor back out because she was scared. There will be another one, and we will not give up. Then I realize the importance of this if it is meant to be.

Prayers are still definiately needed for me and a sick person. Please pray that no matter what... Good things come from this. : )

No comments: