Monday, October 12, 2009

Professors are NOT HOT!

I like my Biology teacher. He knows his stuff and he knows how to teach it! He cares about his students because he gives an outline at the beginning of the semester to help guide us through the course. It works! I don't spend the entire lecture trying to capture every single sentence he says or try to figure out what is important and what is not. If you have a question, he's never made anyone feel stupid... He just simply answers the question. I like this kind of teaching! It's a vast contrast to sitting in freshman Chemistry with over 300 students which is what I did in my first undergrad.

Anyway... Some of my friend in class told me about this website. It tells you about professors at different schools. I checked it out. I'm stuck with my professors this semester, but it is nice to know if they are thought highly of. So I checked out my professors and next to Biology teacher's name is a hot chili pepper. I was impressed... I actually picked a good teacher or so I thought....

It appears that the hot chili pepper does not mean that the teacher is in demand (or maybe it does?) It appears it means he is sexy... Or HOT! Errr... NOT what I would have thought!!! Don't get me wrong, the man isn't Igore. He's a man in his mid forties, and just imagine your favorite high school Science, Math or History teacher, and you have my Biology teacher.

So... This "new" image of my unseemingly knowing professor has had an impact on me. It's awefully hard to look someone in their eye when you KNOW that some students (that may be in your class, or even your lab partner) lust after this man. And OMG, what if he has had an affair with one of his students??? It isn't entirely off the beaten track... He isn't Igore and we have some pretty lusty girls, and we live near a base with deployed husbands?? Today my lab partner (who as far as I know doesn't lust after the professor) and I reverted back to HS and wondered if he knew that he was a hot ticket, or if we should let him in our new found piece of info. But alas, we acted like school girls and simply giggled if he came near out table... I'm sure we will answer for that in our next test, but oh well... Professors are NOT meant to be HOT!!!!

No comments: