Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Random Dozen




OK OK I know I'm supposed to be studying my Anatomy and Physiology, but I'm taking 10 minutes or so to answer the Random Dozen this Week!!! Please Visit Lid's blog!!! :)

1. What is your favorite sign of Spring? In Texas it is the bluebonnets!!! They make my heart sing!

2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day? Oh yes, bleck!!! I need my sleep especially in the Spring, but I do like longer evenings to spend outside!

3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year? Green Beans

4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? Strawberries!!!

5. What is your least favorite insect? Mosquitoes!

6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand? I used to, but it isn't good for your teeth, so I drink filtered tap water now.

7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that? Yes, there are iodine tablets you can add to the water to make it better, but they taste yucky!!! That being said, I drank primarily bottled water.

8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day? :( Sadly not enough. I think maybe 2 or 3. :(

9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share. I had a pixie at a birthday party once. I remember she wore an outfit similar to tinker bell's.... Way before Tinker Bell was popular. She has a brown bunny that she let us all pet after her show. She was amazing! She must have been something else too because I remember her 30 years later!

10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)? Sigh... No.

11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite? Nah... Not really inter Westerns, BUT I did like the God Father. Does that count???

12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday? The Northern Mid West... Montana, South Dakota... Places like that. It would be so very different for me. I'm a by the sea kinda gal, but I just think it would be so awesome to see some of the nature that abounds just in the middle of our country!

3 comments:

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, do love those Texas Bluebonnets and love to visit Texas while they are in bloom. Enjoyed stopping by your blog today. Blessings to you!

Mary said...

Stopped by while looking through the Random Dozen participants. Will stop again! Thank your husband and your family for your service. "Those who wait also serve."

SouthLakesMom said...

From a military child and wife who has finally stopped moving . . . its good to see you!

Thank you for participating in Random Dozen and good luck with that Anatomy and Phys -- just keep putting one foot in front of another!