Thursday, July 15, 2010

Friday Fragments

Where did the week go? No, seriously I ask this because yesterday it was Monday and now it is Friday. Wow!

Sometimes I think being a nursing student has its total disadvantages. Like we see both sides of the coin in many situations when it comes to health and health care. It think it mainly comes from the fact that we are the ones that educate, inform and teach clients and their loved ones how to handle medical issues. We are the listeners, the observers, the medicators, the fixers, the shoulders to cry on. It's sad when you have the medical knowledge, but just can't do anything.... You have to pass on your information and hope that there is compliance and sometimes that is not easy. :(

On a good note.... I am feeling a bit better from the vertigo. I still feel whirly sometimes, but it is easing off... THANK GOODNESS!

The boys are started Swim Lessons Level 2 this week... Not sure how that is going to go. C seems really into it, but B, not so much. Both kids have done great this summer with swimming and have both achieved the goal I set out to accomplish which was learn to do a basic swim so you can enjoy pool parties and if you ever get knocked in you will know how to swim to the side of the pool. So, I am pleased!

We also had a skating event this week for cub scouts. C told me skating is just not his thing. I can't say that I blame him. It was 103 degrees outside and the rink had a tin roof and no AC. It was miserable for me and I was basically just standing there. I couldn't skate because of the risk of a fall. I'm not giving up... I think maybe after a few more tries he will be an ace! ;)

Well, that is about it for me this week.... Nothing exciting really unless you could trying to get yourself over jet lag something amazing... Ha Ha Ha! Stop back by next week. :) Have a great weekend y'all!

7 comments:

Bill Lisleman said...

I noticed you write the FF meme/game quite a bit. I have only done a few.
This heat is awful and is messing with my plans to even go outside. You can't really do anything before the sweat is dripping everywhere.
I'm guessing you're not too close to the ocean to go over and jump in.
I lived in Goldsboro NC once.

Mrs4444 said...

I agree--This week went by in a BLINK!

You never know about the skating--Kyle was just so-so on swimming when he was your son's age, but in high school, he tried it again and loved it. Time will tell.

Glad you are able to check off basic swim skills from your list--They're important.

Have a fun weekend! :)

4 Lettre Words said...

My father suffers from vertigo and it appears to be no fun at all. Glad you're feeling better!

Enjoy the weekend!

LAC said...

Happy FF! hope you are feeling better.

brainella said...

My son started swimming lessons this summer too. He loves it. I think he now wants to be a fish. :)

Have a great weekend.

Karen MEG said...

Oof, vertigo is so not fun! Happy FF and weekend to you!

Doreen McGettigan said...

Oh vertigo; I have been suffering from post concussive syndrome since September. I have been going to therapy once a week for it at a hospital close to us that has a balance center. Dizzy is awful!
Ice Skating is much cooler!
I hope you feel better and have a positive week..