Do you think I'm nuts? I don't! I have most certainly decided that investing in stock for things I probably should have long ago is OVER DUE! What you say??? What could I possibly be talking about? Well, first of all I should have invested in McDonald's stock a long time ago! As much money as I've put out to them over the years... They should be earning it back for me! And what about the baby market? You name it... The baby industry rebounds even if they have 100 recalls on their products! Let's face it, are you going to put your child in a laundry basket like used to do long ago? I don't think so.
Seriously though, after looking over our family books I think it is far time to expand our horizons and invest a little more this year! People think we are nuts because M and I do invest and hold stock. Yes, stocks are risky, but we don't trade daily and we don't go wild. Any financial advisor will tell you that everyone should invest about 10% of their earnings in some form of investment whether it is a savings account, 401K, retirement plan, stocks, etc. Do I recommend stocks for everyone? No... Stocks are risky, and most of the time you can rebound if you can wait it out. So would I recommend a 70 year old to invest in stocks? Depends... Can you afford the loss if the stock plummets and nothing is made? If yes, then sure... Go for it. If you are unable to risk that much maybe you need to be more conservative in your investment. I personally still think a 70 year old should invest. Now opposite end of the spectrum... Looking at a 20 year old... INVEST IN STOCKS! You have plenty of time to regain your losses. Again, I would gamble all of my money away, but find an appropriate amount for you and INVEST... TAKE A RISK! It will work out in the long run!
Don't think you'll be a millionaire in a year, but it's nice when things work for you! And over time it will pay off. :) I highly encourage people to at least look into it!
My New Year's Resolution: INVEST! And listen to God a little more closely. :)
1 comment:
i don't think you are nuts at all! just think if, at our age, we had done that years ago. we could be well on our way to retiring with millions. i actually did open an IRA this last year. it feels great and now i feel like i am looking forward to the future! way to go girl!
Post a Comment