Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sometimes...

Sometimes, you have to count your blessing. Today I did just that, and will again before I head to bed! I am incredibly blessed with a great husband who loves me. I've known this, but tonight just seemed the best time to let everyone else know.

And one of the greatest things to happen recently is my friend, Jenn, has moved back here. I met Jenn when we lived in Holland back in 2004. She was shy and slated to be the GO's driver... I thought OMG, she is never going to make it... She did though. I can tell you, M was hard on her, as she was one of his soldiers. He taught her well, as she is very successful now. We are both very proud of her accomplishments! She is also amazing because she teaches me soldier and wife, as her husband is deployed right now. It's nice to have a soldier's prospective sometimes. :)

I'm also blessed to have met two really neat ladies... One I've known through the internet for about a year now and the other I just met. Both ladies have welcomed me into their lives and homes as busy Moms. I've enjoyed learning through them. And I've loved laughing and trying new things. I have found here that no many people are as open as this anymore... I am excited to continue to learn new things...

I can't forget my kiddos either. Without them my life would be dull. :( Both of my boys are incredibly smart... So smart it often lands them in trouble. They teach me so much like how to be goofy and sing songs loudly... They also teach me to be lighten up and not take things quite so seriously. I never knew I could love someone so much until they came along... They are my blessings like no other. :)

And I can't forget those friends who have been there with me through thick and thin, seven thousand boyfriends later, late labs, break ups from hell, awkward moments, and sadness, and moment s of sheer joy! I am so blessed to have you stick by me faithfully and learn with me & teach me... I mean, how many people can teach someone how to make homemade caramels over the computer/ phone. :)

So today on Valentines' Day... I am so thankful for the blessings that surround me. Even though there maybe darkness at times, I know you all are there. And life is good!

2 comments:

Heather, Neilson, Grace & Creighton said...

happy valentine's day! oh and i looove your layout.

Amber said...

I can't believe I haven't actually scrolled down through your last few entries until today - love you dear friend!!! I can't wait until this Summer :)