We were living overseas in a place that DOES NOT believe in inductions. I was overdue by a week and was miserable. I remember M buying a new digital camera... Which I hated! I like hard pictures to put in photo albums... :) Anyway, we had tried it out the night before... I think we had a dozen or so photos of me rolly polly...

Yep, I was doing the ta da before Facebook... LOL
Anyway, I woke up on the 19th to the new Pope being announced, watched the Wiggles with C, made the grocery list and hobbled off to the Commissary. I remember one of the American Spouse's wives telling me, " You haven't had that baby yet?" Oh let me tell you, I'm not a violent person, but I was done being rolly polly!!! So we hurried up and went home. I unpacked everything, took C upstairs for a nap and decided a nap sounded nice actually. So just as I laid down on the bed (which btw, was on the floor b/c it was a queen and we couldn't get the box spring in the window when we moved in 18 months prior). My water broke. No.. Not the trickle kind... The GUSHY kind!
Okay... So much for the nap. So, I go into Connor's room and ask him to go get the phone for me downstairs. Such a great little boy he was (still is)... He ran down and brought the phone to me... I called M and he RUSHED home to find that I had packed little man in the car and was waiting in the other seat.
We dropped C off at a friends and rushed to the hospital... Only to be told no contractions no baby. Go home! I guess the nurse felt sorry for me as the amniotic fluid had leaked through everything including, so she hooked me up to the monitors just to see what twas going on.
5 hours later, I had a little man...

April 19th... Ah, that is a good day!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment