Monday, April 13, 2009

Because Life is Like a Box of Chocolates...

So today... Well, actually last night, my oldest son declared that his brother was dirty and he could no long live with him. Oh the look on poor little man's face. He was upset as C packed his blankets and moved into the toy room for the night. B kept telling C he would get a bath, but the sea of toys strewn from toy room into the room they both shared was proof of what C was speaking of when he meant B was "dirty." We spent 2 hours encouraging B to clean... He just wouldn't have it. So I went in there trash bag in hand and cleared the rest of what was left on the floor.

The rule in our house is the mess has to stay in the toy room and at the end of the day, you have to clean up and put things back into the containers. C is very good about it. It only took me one time to cure it, of course $10.00 later and many 5's for good behavior finally earned most of the the confiscated items back. B... Well, he just doesn't care. I think mainly because he thinks he can play with C's and C will clean it up because let's face it $10 is alot of money.

So, this morning very early, I began the separation. At first I was sad; my boys have been living in the same room since B came out of the crib. They both just slept better. They would tell each other whispers and of course they would get in trouble together for not going to bed and staying up too late. But, as I shaped up C's room and B's room I kinda like the new change. I just hope next week they don't decide this sucks b/c someone is going to have to get a sleeping bag! I am NOT moving furniture again!!!!!!


Photo is courtesy of Amy Hall Photo

On a separate note... The marrow donation is on track. I am undergoing a million physicals and vials of blood. I am super nervous!!! I have so many things running through my mind about this. Part of me says, "Donate!What if it was your husband, child, friend???" The other part says, "What about me? Who will take care of me? Who will help me if I am too tired, weak, sick to take care of my kids? Or what is something happens??? What about all the things that MUST happen this summer?" Oh, and there is not enough time to really hedge. Ugh... What to do what to do??? For now I'd better get to cleaning up... I have a party to clean up for. :)

No comments: