Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Can you be jealous, but not really?

Weird question to ponder, huh? Well, I have been pondering this question alot here lately. It's hard not to be elated when you get a message, photo, call from someone you haven't heard from in what seems like forever. But when you are the receiving side of that elation, sometimes it isn't always bells and whistles and we wonder, "Why?" Why didn't I get that... or why can't... or why on a thousand other things.

Is that questioning and feeling of doubt jealousy? I don't know? I guess it is kinda. I've been trying to be more conscious of what I say and to whom and what I broadcast. Of course I am guilty of just letting it escape me, again who isn't sometimes??? But that pang... Is it really jealousy? I know when I get them, I don't really feel jealous. I mean part of me does, but then this voice comes over me that says, " You are incredibly blessed. Don't be greedy. Share in the happiness." So is that feeling jealousy? I have no clue???

Anyway... I felt like blogging about it... What are your thoughts? Is it jealousy? Is it something else? I know everyone in the military community has suffered from this atleast a little. What are your thoughts???

No comments: