And it isn't even close to being over!!!!
It started out like this... Clean up for a Cubscout elective... Camp site for girlscouts... No McDonald's, gas station, port a potty... nothing for miles... M I L E S!!! And after playing and working hard, I hear... I gotta go potty. No big deal, off go the boys, a whole fleet of them, to the bushes. OH, but one stays behind... Yep! My oldest tells me no so discretely... I gotta go poop! What????? So, the girl scout leader looks at me a points to the shed where I find potty chairs and she yells, "Don't forget the shovel." Shovel? What in the world???? And C looks at me says well what about toilet paper? Oh yes, I have that in my magic pocket of everything... So I grab the shovel and the potty chair and finally someone hands me a small wad of TP and off we go into the woods. I dug a hole and C and B watch as the poop goes into the hole. I cover it up and just as I turn to walk back to base camp I hear, " Good-bye dear poop, we are burying you because you are dead." OMG....
Then on Monday, they closed the end of our street for street repair... No big deal really, but now it takes FOREVER to get out of our little town. So I'm doing my weekly drive to the grocery store when I casually make the comment to B, " Oh yea! They are using a digger on the road rather than a pavement cutter. I wonder what will come of this? Nothing good, I'm sure!" Only to come home later and find air in our pipes. Not before I had to wait 30 minutes for a train who decided to stop on the tracks to move b/c they are blocking the now only entrance into our town. Did I mention we were coming back from grocery shopping and I had perishables????
So here we are... Under a water boil mandate... For the next 3 DAYS! And yes, I do have a fond appreciation for my husband. So much so I used baby wipes in his honor. :)
1 comment:
i've never been to a funeral for poop. did you say a prayer? seriously, i'm laughing so hard i have tears regarding the cubscout story. too cute!
Post a Comment