
Yep, we have come full circle and it is Friday yet again!! ( Can I hear a YEE HAW!!! ) I'm joining Mrs.4444 from Half Past Kissin' Time. Here is my family's Friday Fragments!
So, have you ever watched little kids play t-ball or coaches pitch baseball??? Oh let me tell you, you are in for a treat!!! B had his 3rd practice yesterday, and M was unable to take him due to a work commitment so I of course stepped in to take him to his practice. Usually, I'm the cheerleader Mom. You know the one that cheers from the bleachers and gets the drink cooler and snack ready. Well, I guess my dear husband decided he would help the coach and volunteer to watch/ keep track of/ explain things to the kids in the field while the coach teaches the kids how to hit. I don't know which job is harder??? Getting your head almost swiped by a 4 year old with a bat (um coach, you might want to put on one of those batter's helmets just for safety. Oh and wear a cup) or trying to prevent the entire field of 4year olds from tackling each other to get the ball. At least they kept their eye on the ball! Of course how do you explain, "Player number 8 has gotten the ball six times, but I haven't gotten it once and it is NOT fair!"
My garden is GROWING!!! I planted a few things this week in hopes of feeding at least the pigs and myself! Yes, the guinea pigs can eat me out of house and home in vegetables most weeks. The boys plus 1, not so much.. Anyway, I loved my friend, Amber's homemade salsa last summer that I HAD to grow my own tomatoes and jalapeno peppers. (What kinda Texan would I be if I didn't grow my own jalapenos? That is just not American... Er, Texan!) I also included string beans, sweet red peppers and green peppers, and of course cucumbers! I am seeding lettuce radishes and zucchini and even they are popping up in their little make shift greenhouse! Let's just home we don't zoom to 90degrees and everything gets burned out!
Sea Monkeys... Those funky monkeys... Yep, we added to our zoo!!! We now have 2 containers of sea monkeys! I have been fielding questions all week about these lovely shrimp. "Mom, how long do these sea monkeys live?" "Mom, will they bite me?", "Mom, do these things get to be six inches long? What are we going to do with a six inch sea monkey?" I don't know when this zoo keeper became knowledgeable about sea monkeys, but I do know you can grow them in 3 easy steps! Can Sea Monkeys get to be 6 inches long??? What am I going to do with a 6 inch sea monkey?
And here is my last thing for the week... Oh man... This is GOOD!!! So, my husband asks me to go out to breakfast with him this morning. I like spending time with my husband where we are the focus of each other's attention. Many couples need this, and M and I are no different. So M announces to me as we are leaving the restaurant, "I don't have gas in the Man Van. Let's just pray that the traffic going to work is nice to me this morning." My response is what every good wife would say, "Take my car. It has plenty, and I will take your van and fill it up on the way to class. Let me grab my back pack out and you can go." And thus we traded keys and we were off... Only M parked his van on the other side of the parking lot. So I trek off still kinda in the early morning daze partly focusing on what I am going to do in the lab this morning just kinda in my own world. So as I approach the van, I open the sliding side door. I love remote door opening... It allows you so much freedom when your hands are full and your mind is distracted. So as I approach the van, and start to slide my backpack in, this voice comes out of no where! I am not even sure what was said other than my brain decided to cross signals and what ever he said was visually in my mind interpreted as "the cadavers and brain models are coming to get you!" So I immediately reacted and screamed swinging my arms around if shooing something around me. Only to realize there was a man with his window open in a truck next to the Man Van... And he says to me, "I guess we are even. You scared the be-geases out of me when you opened that door of yours." And thus started my Friday morning... A lesson on the sympathetic/ parasympathetic part of the Autonomic Nervous System. Just for the record... I am aware that cadavers and brain models are no longer breathing or able to actually get me, BUT after the week I have had anything is quite frankly possible! :)
I'm writing this as an addendum. Please keep a few of my friends in your prayers. I truly believe that strength is in numbers, and prayers are a powerful thing. Please pray for my friend, A, who has been helping a very close friend's family as her friend begins her journey to a better place. While walking this path she found out that her dad may have to go on the transplant list. No one should have to walk a path like this. Please pray for her strength as she continues her journey. And also, please pray for the safety of my friend, D. He is proudly serving overseas in a scary place. Please pray for him to make wise decisions, for his safety, and that he comes home soon.
Thanks again for those prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment