Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Semester is OVER!!!


I'm saddened to announce that the semester for me is over! I know you are thinking, "CELEBRATE!" Trust me, part of me wants to do that and the other part is tired and thinks a nap sounds really good. The other part of me is sad. :(

Sad?! Yes, I am sad for my Anatomy and Physiology class to be over. :( Truth be known through all of the studying, whining about how much needed to be learned, crazy names and being terrified of the teacher (initially) I REALLY liked the class! Last semester, I remember the girls in my Biology class grumbling, and just dragging that they had made poor grades on tests. This flipped me out! I wanted to do well; alot was riding on the class, and I was afraid! Of course everyone has an opinion about teachers, study techniques, etc., but I did not want a "C" in ANY class!!!

I was sitting at the table last night thinking back to the first day of class. How intimidated I was of those taking the class for the second or third time. They knew so much, but I knew nothing! I remember the rules that were spelled out right at the beginning and wondering if I would remember all of them. And I look at how far I have come today. :) I know what a nephron does (on a high scale level). I know what hormones are released and how they act on other tissues/ glands. I know this stuff!!! And the "mean", "hard" teacher that eats students and enjoys seeing them fail wasn't so scary by the end... She not only taught us the material, she taught us to rely on each other. And to be honest, I am going to miss her! She will still be in the science department, yes. But I will miss how much she enjoys teaching this subject.

I'm glad the semester is over though... My house lacks the intimate care it surely deserves! And I had to admit, I miss the yard work/ garden that needs the weeds pulled. I have one month of relaxation before it's back to the books for Pharmacology. Because with that one!! I might become dangerous! :)

So here are my Thanks...
To my family for putting up with a crazy Mom/ Wife
To Christina for crazy spell checking messages
To my instructor, Peggy Williamson for making the class fun, but also for teaching us more than Anatomy!
To Ginger for letting me vent, and her daughter for being encouraging is all else fails. :)
And....
To the girls in Biology last semester... You crazy girls! I miss you all terribly!

No comments: