Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random Dozen



I hope this makes me feel better today! I feel like I'm in one of those whiny evil moods where you just stay quiet because your Mom told you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all... So... Let's Random Dozen it!!! OK, Lid.... Here you go!!!

1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?" No... Thank goodness, I think?!

2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts? I have a container in my closet that holds random bows and bags... BUT I usually never use any of it and buy new. Mainly because everyone is always in and out of the container/ closet and things get mashed. I'm picky... I know. :)

3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster? Fortunately, never anything majorly severe. I've seen storms knock trees over and flood, but nothing like Katrina or something like that. I'm blessed!!! I really am. :)

4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song? I don't know what Barry Manilow sings? :( I'm not very good with lyrics.

5. What's the best costume you've ever worn? I was a crayon once for Halloween as a second grader. My Mom made my costume and the neighbor's costume. I don't know if it was the BEST costume... It was certainly most creative.

6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? dictionary, spell check AND I still spell things wrong!

7. What's your favorite breakfast food? PANCAKES!!!! YUM!!!

8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial? Nope. :(

9. Have you ever crawled through a window? Many Many Many times!!! The funniest window story was when I was in college and I lived in the basement (which to be honest wasn't really the basement or maybe part of it was). Anyway, the one side of the dorm was ground level, so the windows went from the ground up. At the time, the dorm did not have AC so we frequently had our windows open even in the winter (I went to school in the South). Anyway, my roomie and I were chatting away while the news was telling us about this stalker in our area. I remember seeing a red beam shining on the TV which flipped K and I out... We both flew to the door of our room screaming because we knew it was the stalker.... It turned out to be a friend of K's who was playing a trick on us (a rather mean trick), but our screams startled him that he panicked and fell through our window and into our room. Needless to say that guy never ever approached our window.... He called next time!

10. Do you believe in love at first sight? I do! I met my husband in August. We were engaged by September, and married in January. I was NOT pregnant, but I knew on our first date he was the one I was going to marry. Crazy, right?

11. How many pairs of jeans do you own? 5, I think. Yes, 5 pairs of jeans.

12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.") I think they would build me a cake of the Cape Henry Light houses. That has to be my very favorite spot in the while wide world!!! It would be a recreation that looked something like this, only in cake form, and HUGE! Adding the Family in there too would be nice! :)

1 comment:

Mrs4444 said...

I really like being able to reuse gift bags; it makes me feel like I'm contributing (you know, the green thing) and I really don't mind getting gifts in used bags, either, but that might be weird.