This is my new office code name. When you work with people who have “code names,” you have to have one yourself… Even Mark has a nickname. Murph, Scooby, The Intimidator, and these are only the ones I can share with you.
I first learned of my name today. Apparently I’ve had it for awhile just came out today. They call me… Mother Goose! Ack! I’m a wobbly old bonnet wearing duck! What in the ___? Apparently I received this name because I am somewhat of a peace keeper. You know I like to “just get along.” I’m not big on ganging up, and would rather have allies than enemies… Who wouldn’t? Don’t get me wrong… I like my say and winning it’s #1, but there are times when you should just be nice! So when I didn’t choose sides today in big debate (over golf teams no less), it came out… “See, you are Mother Goose!” Always trying to calm the waters making sure no one gets hurt.” I have to say, my sway to defend my co-worker was not necessarily to be right or wrong, but I have been the person that isn’t picked and it sucks! He’s not much of a team player, but he was powered up about this golf thing and then… Well, everyone created teams without him. I felt kinda bad in part because I think he thought I was going to be on his team. Anyway…
So now I know… My identity has been hidden. I just hope they don’t yell… “That Goose is cooked!”
No comments:
Post a Comment