Our family has been in the pursuit of being an Officer for just shy of 11 months ( 11 months exactly next week), and I am tired! I don't want to complain, but it was HARD to put my loving husband back on the plane today! I have to admit, I had him all to myself after 9am, and we had a lovely day in DC. It still wasn't easy at the gate to say good bye though. I know he will be home soon, but still... This is NOT easy!
Sigh...
So alas, what did we do? We visited Scott and Ivika at Arlington this morning. I wish I could say it was good to see them, but I would have gladly wrapped my arms around them in a minute if we could turn back time. I was amazed at how the cemetray had filled up since our last visit. So many young lives... It truly took my breathe away, and I wonder how enlistments could possibly be up, but they are better than they were...
After visiting with "the boys" we headed out for lunch. I love DC when it comes to food. Most of all, I love going to lunch with my husband and wished in some ways we had gone more frequently together when we were in the same building? But atlas, our schedules were super full.
After a great lunch we walked around and just held hands. It was nice, and I miss it! I miss so many things... Like the laughter in a our bed after the kids are all dried from a bath... I miss story times and listening from around the corner as the boys asked a zillion questions, I miss the help I used to get in packing up to get out in the morning... I miss the little things.
Are we there yet???? How much farther must we go??? Time... I'd like to keep on foot on the gas and the other on the brake. Pictures from out wild weekend coming soon....
No comments:
Post a Comment