Thursday, May 1, 2008

No I am not insane...

I am a Mom trying to balance work and two sick (now well) children.

Connor and Braedan have been VERY sick the last three days. VERY high temperatures and just plain yucky. Anyway, the daycare wouldn't take Connor this morning because he was not fever free for 24 hours... Okay. So, after being out for 2 days and what looked like a third, I had to check in at work. Besides, the BIG ceremony was last night and I HAD to get the scoop. Anyway... I loaded up the boys, dropped Brae at daycare and head off with Connor to work. You all know where I work, and we are not on the metro line, so I told Connor we were picking up a "slug." He gave me the weirdest look like why does a slimy worm thing have to do with going into the office, but accept it and we were off. So we arrive at a commuter lot and we are in a line of cars... This is how our conversation goes:

Connor: What are we doing here?!
Mom: We are picking up a "slug"
Connor: What is a slug?
Mom: It's person going to DC
Connor: A stranger? Do you know this "slug?"
Mom: No. But the person is looking to get a ride into DC
Connor: This is NOT safe! We do not let strangers in this car!
Mom: Youre right it isn't 100% safe, but we need another person to get in the car so we can get to the office.
Connor: Well, don't talk to this strnager. We do not talk to stangers!


The ride is silent other than the radio. WE arrive at our drop off point, the man gets out and says thank you.

Connor: See. I did NOT say anything to THAT stranger. It isn't safe. Do you hear me, Mom! It is NOT safe.
Mom: I hear you, and you are right it isn't safe.
Connor: Mom, what do you do if a stranger approaches you? You run... You run and tell your Mom or dad... Or Ms Jessica. Mom, you DO NOT talk to strangers!

End of conversation! I guess I taught him well... Now how do I get to work?????

No comments: