Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Random Dozen...



OK... It's been a busy week for me. I had ANOTHER test, cub scouts to plan for, golf lessons to travel to, T-ball practice to travel to... I know, no excuses. I've been slack really. So today while it is early, I am going to have a 2nd Cup with Lid AND complete here Random Dozen!!!

1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay? I have several pairs of sandals/ flip flops, and I like them. Some sandals however... Yeah... Leave them on the the display... PLEASE! As far as a fashion statement, I think flip flops are trending better.

2. What is your favorite pizza? I LOVE pizza! I am NOT picky here... Although I FINALLY tried Pineapple/ ham pizza, and WOW that is good stuff!!! I'm not into sardines on my pizza though... You can have that topping.

3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
Oh... Props... I own a Grey's Anatomy hat... Only the cast have this hat, so it is kinda prop or maybe more of an advertisement. As far as props, I'm not really sure where we would put something like that. Although if you are asking if I'd like in a house like Tara... I will take the house from Night at Rodanthe in North Carolina. What a wonderful house!!! Could you imagine being a kid there? So many places to hide and play pretend! Did you know they moved it inland just before the ocean claimed it!! Ok... So that would be my one prop I guess... M, if you read this... As soon as that "For Sale" sign hits... WE are GOING HOME!



4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for. "Beef! It's what's for dinner." Yep, beef, steak, cattle... We are in Texas Country you know!



5. What is your current favorite snack? Oh... Cheese and crackers. LOVE IT!

6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")

A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor


Biggest Loser... Not necessarily because I would win, but because I could use around the clock nutritionists and trainers so I can lose the 30 pounds I've gained since getting married.

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior? 8... I give it an 8 only because yesterday going to lunch with my husband and two of his friends, one guy (who has no children... YET) found a gummy something under my seat. That is minus 2 points because, well, that is just gross! I do have kids though... And their definition of OCD is the other way around!

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________. The weather warms and the pollen hits. Let's face it once the pollen blows away we are in full fledged SUMMER!

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____. Long story short here: At the driving range with M. Neither of us has played golf regularly since before we had kids. Well, we were hitting at the range... I wasn't doing half bad if I do say so myself... Anyway, I am placing a tee in the ground when I hear something launch off and sort of "Whistle." Turns out M hit the ball... err ground so hard the club head broke of and flew into the sky as if chasing the ball... To add insult ti injury... This happened not once, but twice! I guess you should have seen M's face when he turns around and says to me, " I'm not sure this is fairing too well for me in the tournament tomorrow." Poor thing!

10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward. Touchy subject here!!! I'm working toward my RN, BSN. BUT I live the life of an Army wife (aka Single parent 90% of the time), and have no one that is willing to help me. I have a BS in Engineering, so I am trying to get into the BS to BSN program here in Texas... Yesterday I spoke with the coordinator that LOVED me! I have everything lined up, BUT she is worried that the 20 credit hour semester plus 20 hours a week clinicals might be too much without having my husband home. :( Boo!!! These are the days when I miss my family who always made things work for each other! I will still become a RN, just not going to have my BSN for awhile. :(

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week. Success consists of getting up once oftener than you fall down." ~Anonymous

12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you. I am saving for their future. They don't know it today, so they are probably not happy right at this moment. In just a short time though, both children will have money to apply towards whatever they want to be. M and I decided long ago not to do the college savings plan simply because that can only be used for college and what is one or both of my boys want to be small business owners or go into the military without going to college first. While it seems that both boys will more than likely trek onto college, we wanted to make sure their possibilities were open. I think that when they know they are debt free in their endeavor they will smile back and know sometimes the sacrifices we make today have a great impact for tomorrow.
Just as a side note... We don't just have their money in a savings account! We did talk to our financial planner. ;)

OK, so I am off to work in the school as a volunteer the AM. I am so looking forward to being back there! I miss being a part of the kids' school day! :) Hope you enjoyed my answers. :)

2 comments:

Melli said...

LOL! Well... I wear flip flops! That's about ALL I wear... but there is a HUGE difference between flip flops and Gladiator sandals!

That house you pictured in NC - that one will do for me! That's a NICE house! *nods*

I remember Sea Monkeys! I had them as a kid - and my kids had them as kids too! I guess soon I'll be getting them for my granddaughter! :)

Pamela Scott said...

great answers, that house is awesome!!!