OK, so I must say that
5 days of fever is pretty much enough for ANYONE! Being a nursing student, I pride myself on being calm, cool, collected and optimistic... This does not translate very well when you are the parent. Mental Note here:
PATIENCE IS WHAT I NEED TO WORK ON AS A NURSE! 5 days of fever, 3 doctors visits, 10 vials of blood
(OK, I'm exaggerating here because I was too busy calming a very sick little boy), a strep test, fluids, a recall on Tylenol and Motrin products, and a 24 hour rotation of checking to make sure the fever has come down is NOT my idea of fun! Not fun for Mother's Day, and certainly not fun for your birthday! C was so sick that when we lit the candles on his cake he did not want to blow it out and limply looked over at younger brother, B, and asked "Can you just blow the candles out? I'm too tired." I just wanted to cry. :(
This morning C woke up with no fever... Right now I am holding my breathe with me fingers and toes crossed that this remains ALL day so that he can go back to school. No, I'm not pushing for him to go back to school if he isn't ready. I actually like having C home here with me and am looking forward to summer vacation.:)
BUT C is eager to get back to school and "hang out" with his friends, and he's worried about the make up work that is piling up. (C is my very smart straight A student who is convinced that he is going to the Naval Academy do that he can fly jets off the back of Air Craft Carriers
.) I did ask C's teacher to send home his make up work so we could begin working on it. I know C won't be too far behind... That kid is a quick learner, and when you have a goal and your eye on the prize... You usually pick things up quickly.
So a quick Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there!!! A little late, but I was thinking of you all. I hope you all had a wonderful day! I am off to take a little nap! And begin
my recovery! :) Then off to do a deep cleaning to get this virus OUT of my house! Bleck! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment