Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Having a....

I am having a Dear Mom moment! I am feeling so frustrated right now I could pop! And goodness knows I could certainly use my Mom's words of wisedom right about now!

I am having one of those weeks, which apparently extends back into one of those months... Or maybe two, who knows how long ago it was... You know one of those weeks/ months where you could just really use a motherly figure who knows you backwards and forwards and knows just what you need right at that moment whether it is a hug, a stern lecture or just an outlet to vent? I REALLY need one of those RIGHT.... NOW!

I've prayed on everything... And while I know things happen for a reason, in their own time, etc. I just isn't the same as just letting it go for a minute and having that "Mom Moment." I'm sorry if you don't have a Mom like mine, but I'm sure you have someone similar that you can do just that with. There just isn't a substitute for that one person. Or I have yet to find that person, and to be honest I don't think I want anyone other than my Mom. Gosh she was AWESOME! And geez, I must have put her through hell... Ha Ha Ha. (I love you, Mom. I miss you!)

If you have a special person that means the world to you; savor the time you have because life happens. It won't protect you from having a "Mom Moment" at some point, but hopefully the memories will sustain you through that moment when you need her guidance.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

So sorry Shannon! Wish I could help. I hope C really is over this fever!