
Well I am a day late and a dollar short looks like for this week's Random Dozen, but I like answering these questions because sometimes they elighten me to look at things a little differently. And besides, I don't like to be nosey without allowing others to be nosey back! :) Can't wait to see what I am going to answer, so here goes....
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated? Oh easy, it was my A&P final test... And as a result I got a slightly lower grade than I actually wanted. :( BUT I ended up with a GREAT grade, so I'm not going to complain too much. I'm not much of a procrastinator... I am a HUGE planner though, and I'm an on my feet type thinker so curve balls don't usually affect me. I don't like them, but I can usually make something work!
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night? Some nights it takes me a long time to fall asleep. I really envy my DH who can put his head on the pillow and be out. Maybe that would be me if I went to bed at 2200 (10 PM) and got up at 0430 (4 AM) almost every day. I like to quietly process my day though as I lay there and I often say disjointed prayer. Weird? I know. I do generally sleep through the night.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles? Hmmm... I don't know really. I love the 80's... Big Hair! Crazy clothes, bright colors and comfy pants... You know the pants that look like this:

Ok for the record I did not own any pair of these pants, but they were an icon!!!
I really think I would have been better in the 20's. I'm a pretty tough cookie, and I think my personailty would be better reflected in that era. And who can resist these super cute outfits???

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd? Oh my stuffed shells are truly to die for!!! Rarely does the dish ever have one left!!!
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse? OK, I am a military spouse... Do I impulse buy??? Most definiately! I do/ did it mainly to fill a void. Yes, I know... I am bad! You see, when your husband is deployed you buy stuff randomly like crafts or trinkets for a care package. Since the DH has returned, I have been much better about this except in the grocery store. I really struggle with sticking to my list.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral? That people would rejoice and enjoy each others company. So often we do not get together enough with the people we care about until it is too late. We are too busy... The kids are in school... I can't take time off from work... You see, all of these things will be there later... Life has an expiration date. IT does expire. If the only time you can take off is when I die... Use that time to visit and rejoice with those around you!
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today? My boys are smarties! I have a roof over my head, food in my tummy, and a family that loves me. I have friends that care about me, and people who challenge me. These are my daily joys!
8. What is your favorite type of bread? Any Kind... EXCEPT Pumpernickle!!! Those little seed things kill me! YUCK!
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.) Bitterness... I harbor that a lot sometimes. And then I release it... I have found it alot recently, and have found it more and more difficult to release. It just seems that once I forgive and let it go something else is dealt to me and it returns. Perhaps because I haven't fully released it. I don't know. I would like it to fully go away though!!!
10. What trait would you like most to develop? Forgiveness. The ability to completely let go.
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why? Probably the sitting room. It's clean and crisp and slightly fluffy. It's organized and put together.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging? Balance? Ha Ha Ha... I think life in all aspects is like the decible level on the old stereo systems... Some times one bar shoots up higher than another, but lowers and another bar shoots up. Diversity in our lives it what gives us flavor. Shapes who we are. How we balance everything really depends on what we like, what our atitude for the day is, and our willingness to adapt. I don't really have a plan that keeps everything in balance. It kind of varies...
So there you have my Random Dozen!!! I hope you will join me next week. I can't promise I will be on the ball, but I will try! :)
2 comments:
Hi Shannon,
I enjoyed reading your answers. I'm a volunteer with Soldier's Angels ~ very close to my heart. Please offer your husband my appreciation for his service!
I hope the rest of your week is blessed ~
Pat
Wow..a military wife..I salute you.
It is strange how most if all men just sleep so easily right?
Mine is here
Nice to meet you.
Happy Wednesday!
Wishing you an advance HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
hugs
shakira
Post a Comment