Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Fragments



I'm following Mrs. 4444 this week in her Friday Fragments.... Here are the fragments from my week!!! Hope you enjoy them!!!

So, why the stress this week??? Well, in our town we only have 4 days left until the end of school. So this is what my week looked like:

Monday
The coach at the boys' elementary school needed help tie-dying t-shirts for Field Day on Friday, so I collected my "posse" of volunteers and we dyed, cut rubber bands AND dried over 600 t-shirts for the kids!
Here is a shot of my little one and his hot pink... errr.... RED tie dye shirt. Isn't he cute?


I think it is cute... Each grade had it's own color, so there was a rainbow hanging out along the fence as we dyed, rinsed and dried the t-shirts. I forgot my camera that day. :( It was beautiful!!!

Tuesday
Media Center Day... What is Media Center? The Media Center is the Teacher's creative HEAVEN in our little town. It has laminators, die cuts, colorful creations, poster making... You name it! So I helped out my youngest son's class by laminating and gluing for the ABC book they are making for us!!! :) This is no small feat, let me tell you!!

Tuesday was also our last day for Box Tops collection for the year!!! I truly need a break from these tiny little pink rectangles!! :)
I'm certainly not complaining too much though... I raised over $1675 in Box Tops alone! And an additional 3,000 Campbell's Labels for Education, AND another $200 in Tyson's Project A+! SWEET! Did I mention this is basically free money because people bought these products because they were going to eat them anyway so they clipped the coupon and TA DA!!!

The reward for the class in each grade level was to "SLIME" our Principal! This lead to Wednesday's plan....

Wednesday
So, I get a call at 6 AM that the Coach needed signs for each of the Field Day stations, another teacher needed signs for the Volunteer Appreciation lunch on Thursday. This meant ANOTHER trip to the Media Center. This REALLY couldn't have been a big deal IF my Driver's License didn't expire AND my Social Security Card hadn't been left in the Safety Deposit Box.... In NORTH CAROLINA!!! < OK, note to self and any other people that might move around ALOT... Remove all contents from the the safety deposit box at current duty station when moving!!! I promise that you will be moved more than 3,000 miles away from that safety deposit box and you will need SOMETHING from it!>

So, my plan was to run to the Social Security Office, apply for a replacement card then run to the Media Center, pump out a few posters and die cut some letters.... HA HA HA... Another note to self, plan to arrive at the Social Security Office EARLY to avoid long lines, people who don't speak English and think you speak THEIR language (this includes both Spanish and Arabic in my case), and of course the whinos. I have this wonderful affinity of attracting the people that sweat alcohol. How many times have I been to the Social Security office? Approximately 3 times now in two different states... It's all the same no matter what and I promise you this... You NEVER want to stay there for more than an hour!

I do give credit to the one near us here in Texas... I was in and out of the office in just over an hour. I have to wait until I get my SS card before I can apply for my Texas Driver's License though... Thank you, state of North Carolina for NOT having renewal by mail for military! :(

I did manage to make the signs for coach, but ran out of time for the die cuts... This lead to a whole lotta drama... Insert rolling eyes, and a very sad day for me. :(

Thursday
Volunteer Appreciation Tea AND M's unit's Organization Day
NEVER DOUBLE BOOK! That is the lesson I learned for this day! But I had a bunch of fun!!! Check out the pictures:


I wish I could share with you the most touching part of the day. One of our wonderful 1st grade teachers had her class come in with the letters that spelled "Volunteers are Special!" Each letter had a special saying and each child read their little saying. It was beautiful, and I got the picture. I can't wait to print it and make a beautiful picture for the teacher! I really love our school!!

I ran from the tea to the Battalion Org Day! I have to admit, I didn't stay long, but the food was pretty good! And the scenery as always was pretty nice too. :) I miss the beach back home, but this is nice too!



Can you tell at this point in the day I was a little pre-occupied with food? Ha Ha Ha! :)

Friday
FIELD DAY!!! Now this was a GREAT DAY!!! All the planning, collecting and sign making brought us to this day!!! And I think you'll agree, the kids and teachers had a lot of fun!!! 


These are the PTO ladies! I cannot take credit for their sign... I wish Jena had shown up earlier in the day!!!


This is our fearless leader (aka the Principal) right before his first slime!

And... After! Yeah, Box Tops Collectors! I can't believe he did this 8 times! Yep, 8 times!!!

This person is ME! Yep, me! The child standing on the stool is my oldest son, C and the adult is my friend, Mrs. N. They (after talking and planning with my husband) got me. It was only fair, I guess. And I have to admit, it was a lot of fun!!!

So, there you have it! My entirely busy week of planning and execution!!! What a fun week!!! I think I will sleep for a week!

2 comments:

Everyday Kathy said...

Holy heck! You do more in a week then I do in a year!!

Visiting from Friday Fragments!

Kathy from Everyday Mommy

Mrs4444 said...

I really enjoyed this post-It looks like everyone had a lot of fun!

Yes, you love your school, but I'm sure you couldn't love it any more than they love YOU for being such a big help :)