Thursday, June 17, 2010

Friday Fragments

This week has kinda been a "blah" week for me. I've had a lot on my mind and plate this week from missing my Mom something fierce to having a disagreement with a friend that I feel has gone WAY too far. Here are my Friday Fragments... Want a little more??? Join Mrs. 4444 at Half-Past Kissin' Time. She is sure to put a smile on your face!!!

* Like I mentioned above, I really miss my Mom this week. I feel envious of those that still have their Moms and do things regularly with them... Or family for that matter. My family is all gone. :( I long to go hang out with family at the beach or sight see or just watch movies together or share in the boys' activities. My Mom was great for that! She never missed a minute until she became so sick with cancer. Even then she pushed because she loved being together. I miss that!!! No one has been able to fill her shoes. No one has even come close either. I just hope she is looking down from above and sharing with us with a smile.

* I also had a disagreement with a friend. I hate disagreements! Can't we all just get along? Ha Ha Ha... This one started out separate from the two of us, and has just exploded into something that is WAY more than it should be. It affects my kiddo, so it makes it even more sad for me. What turned out to be something small has blow up and dragged in innocents. And that sucks! I'm equally guilty... I stood my ground because I felt like I was right. I guess she was right too. Rather than agreeing to disagree we've decided to hurt each other (and others). Slights at each other back and forth until someone gives and there is a "winner." The truth is there will never be a "winner" just two (and more) losers. And that makes me sad.

* On a better note, the boys passed Level 1 swimming! I am very proud of both of them! They will begin Level 2 in July which is exciting! I really enjoy watching them swim and watching their confidence build. Thanks to my friend, Renee who last year patiently took C under her wing and began shaping his love of the water one tread at a time! This year he is WAY more confident in the water and loves to swim laps and dive for the dive sticks. B has given up his life vest. He too can swim the length of the pool. Only when he is tired does he ask for the life vest (can't say that I blame him as it is like being in the "deep end" for him even in the 4 foot water). His objective this weekend is to jump off the diving board! (We will see about that!)
C is ready! Bring it on! (In level 1 swimming, life vests must be worn when going off the diving board).B does not look so confident! Ha Ha Ha!!!!


All of the Little Fish are in a Row! Thank you Ms. Shelby for being such a great teacher!!!

* I am continuing the count down to Hawaii! T-minus less than a month! Woo Hoo! I am really excited about the history and the water and maybe a little relaxing! So excited!!!
* I am also loving my new laptop battery! Why am I loving that? Well, we are a mobile Army family! And now I can go further than where a plug can take me! Thank you Battery Technology, Inc. You guys are amazing!!!
* Gotta save the best for last.... How do you know when a.) It's hot as Texas$ outside? b.) You take good care of  your pets?
Well when this happens of course!
Okay, yes that is a Spiny Texas Lizard (from what I have been told). Doesn't he look like a dog or a cat waiting to be let in the front door? Well perhaps he was?! I don't know, but he stalled the boys and I from going inside for awhile. I don't do lizards or snakes... They just creep me out a little. Cute? Bug eating? Well maybe, but certainly not coming inside! We have enough to take care of inside! I do hope he hangs around the front door... We certainly have Texas sized bugs in the evening when the porch light comes on!
Have a great week my blog friends and family! :)

6 comments:

LAC said...

Ahh, I am sorry you had a bad week. And thanks for the perspective. My mom and I have a very rocky relationship, she's not a candidate for Mom of the year by far, but she's the only one I am going to get. So thank you. I am sending virtual hugs. It breaks my heart to hear of so many beautiful lives lost to dreadful cancer. Just about everyone has a story, so sad.

Hope your weekend gets better.

Happy FF!

Doreen McGettigan said...

I am so sorry you are missing your Mom. I HATE cancer.
The little swimmers are adorable!
I do not like snakes or lizards or anything of the sort either. I found a dead mouse under my kitchen sink at about 2:30 this morning and had to wake my awesome husband up to get rid of it..yuk!
Have a great weekend..

qandlequeen said...

Cool lizard!

Shannon said...

He is a cool lizard. He is now frequenting the mesquite tree in the front yard. :) As long as he stays there... I am happy. :)

Mrs4444 said...

That lizard is freaky!!

I'm sorry your mom isn't here to share your life. I believe that she's with you in spirit, though.

Good luck with the friend fall-out. Maybe send her a hand-written note?

mimbles said...

I love lizards, that photo gives me warm fuzzy feelings :-) I may be a little odd ;-)

Sorry it's been a blah week, I hope things are improving.