That I will only wear a face mask when I absolutely KNOW I need to wear one!!! I walked into my doctor's office today because I felt tightness in my chest and knew that wasn't good. I also know that since I was walking in, I would be seen by whoever wasn't busy and I would probably wait. I knew that tomorrow they wouldn't be open and I knew that if I didn't get over this things soon I was going to be banished to the outer unknowns by my family who has had to deal with one crabby momma! Anyway... I walk in and hit triage. The nurse (err... Medical assistant) was really nice and we talked about nursing classes and such. But the "new" doctor came in, and I was WAY less then impressed. He immediately put on a mask even though nothing in my vitals suggested that I might have TB or flu or anything else. He even diagnosed me with a severe allergic reaction and a beginning infection. So why the mask Mr. Doctor??? I have never felt more uncomfortable in the room and it spooked me like maybe I did have something completely scary. I get the swine flu scare, but really??? You have all of my records right there including the swine flu and seasonal flu shots I received... I mean this man was freaked out with this mask on... Then I listen to a battery of questions about hypertension.... I wanted to scream, "YOU HAVE MY RECORDS IN FRONT OF YOU!!! CAN YOU NOT SEE THE RECORDS???? YOU TELL ME!" Ugh!
I did walk out with and antibiotic, prednisone and allergy medicine.... Sigh, I hope this works. Playing Frontierville on Facebook is starting to get a little boring, and I am so blah it's hard to focus on my homework!

2 comments:
Maybe someone dear to him is compromised, immunity-wise? Still, he could have explained, were that the case. Glad to know you're feeling better :)
Yuck, and right before vacation! Glad you are on the mend.
Post a Comment