Saturday, June 21, 2008

5 for Friday... Saturday Edition

Okay, here is my 5 for Friday. sorry I didn't post it sooner. It revolves around PCS (Permanent Change of Station).

Here are my 5 dreaded things about a PCS Move:

1. Sorting. You'd think that being a LEAN practitioner I would be good at this. Not a fat chance in hell... Sorry. I collect things like sheets, towels, papers, toys... Well, I don't collect them ,but some how they multiple in my closets or my children's rooms?!

2. Dealing with anyone who doesn't understand a military move. There is a time table, yes, but the Army wasn't so generous as to give us more than 4 weeks true notice because everything hinged on my Mom's health (okay we won't blame the Army for that) and if Mark passed his class (which BTW, only 31 passed out of 91). Work with 2 weeks people... I have TWO weeks to schedule a walk through, carpet and chimney cleaning... Work with me.

3. The Army~ We need every thing duplicate and triplicate... Oh can we see those orders one more time? We need a copy for every person in your household. Umm... Why do you need all that crap. They should have a bar code system at the bottom that scans ONE copy of paper orders, but checks you out as you out process... Can Someone from the BT office look into that process for me??? :-)

4. Cleaning~ I hate this anyway, but... Oh, look I found the shoe Connor was missing three weeks ago... No just kidding. You do have to do a certain amount of cleaning. :)

5. 4 days... 6 hours a day... Driving in our minivan... Ahhhhhh.... PCS moves suck!!!!

6. Saying good bye to my friends. Of course... I don't like saying goodbye because I intend to stay in touch and visit everyone!!! And I know you all will visit me! :) I will miss goofiness, and cool strategy sessions... I'll miss the spur of the moment BBQ's and play dates at our park. What you truly don't know is that I purchased a magic wand to pick up everyone and move them with me every time I move. :) Oh, don't worry, you won't have to sort, clean or deal with triplicates... I'll just "Blink" and you'll be here or I'll be there. :)

I'm gonna miss you guys! Bust stay tuned... The movers arrive in a week. Now won't that be fun! :)

No comments: